Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cray Valley Paper Mills vs Hamlet (friendly), Sat 5th Aug 2023

editor

hiraethified
Who's coming along to enjoy the beautiful August sunshine?
And will Hamlet crumple and fold or deliver stinging paper cuts to the opposition?

I was going to look for an FA Cup tie further afield (Harefield United v Farnham Town being my first choice) but with the lousy weather I'll be doing our game now.

Buses 122 and 321 stop nearby at the Yorkshire Grey roundabout, the 160 from Catford goes right past the ground. Eltham Station looks to be about a 15 minute walk away.

From what I could find:

Dwight Pascall - right-back/centre-back - last at Kingstonian
Mamadoh Jallow - left back/left wing - last with Tooting & Mitcham

Kaya...midfielder / forward who's been playing all pre-season and does have a surname!!!

From what I could find:

Kaya...midfielder / forward who's been playing all pre-season and does have a surname!!!
Pascal played most of Kingstonian's matches last season and most of Potters Bar's matches the season before, and is aged 22.

Jalloh is aged 20 and was at Borehamwood from academy level before joining Tooting a year ago, with a few brief loan spells at other clubs.

Hamlet lead 2-1 at half. A nice passing move on the right ended with a Romain shot blocked by the keeper with Scott following up to tap in. Cray equalised immediately while I wasn't paying full attention, much like some of our defenders perhaps? Hamlet regained the lead when Chambers headed back across goal from a free kick to the far post.

From what I could find:

If Kaya is who I think it is, then the surname would tell you an awful lot. Certainly wouldn't need to do much Googling.

Wasn't there today, but I wonder if we've given the wrong names? As far as I'm aware Pascall and Jallow only played v Altona and haven't played since. I'd assumed they'd been let go. Would certainly be odd for them to both play the first and last pre season games.

If Kaya is who I think it is, then the surname would tell you an awful lot. Certainly wouldn't need to do much Googling.

Wasn't there today, but I wonder if we've given the wrong names? As far as I'm aware Pascall and Jallow only played v Altona and haven't played since. I'd assumed they'd been let go. Would certainly be odd for them to both play the first and last pre season games.
Apparently Kaya doesn't have the surname you would expect, although he is who you think he is!

I didn't notice any triallists/unannounced players coming off the bench today, other than Kaya, and those names definitely weren't supposed to appear on teamsheet.

That was a pretty jammy 3-2 win to be honest. The Millers, who look a decent side and should challenge strongly for the top 5 under Steve McKimm, had far more shots on target and Ruddy pulled off a string of impressive saves in the final quarter.

Ex Galatasaray?

I googled. I may be wrong.

According to Football Webpages the trialists today were B, C, H and M with B coming on, so presumably Kaya our well connected attacking player.

Although the Altona game isn't on FWP all the other preseason games are, and Trialist C has played or been in the squad for all of them except for Erith & Belvedere and Millwall.

Trialist H first appeared in the Aveley game and has played or been in the squad for every game since.

Trialist M came off the bench against Welwyn but didn't make it on today.

Decent first half where we looked like we had another gear in us. Second half underwhelming bit lucky to get the win but strength in depth, nous and brilliant goalkeeping got us over the line. Strong performances from Ruddy, Chambers, Shokunbi, Mills and Jeffrey with a nice cameo from Wanadio. Allen will be important when he returns.

The opening nine fixtures are tough. Two promoted champions, the two other teams relegated with us and most of the projected contenders. We may take time to click but when we get going we should be there or thereabouts. A strange team to watch at the moment. Seems solid at the back but let's in goals, not particularly creative but scores frequently. Anyway, that's 8 unbeaten in pre-season with only altona beating us and only 1 defeat in the last six in the NLS, so if nothing else will be hard to beat.

Pics!

In photos: Dulwich Hamlet scrape a win against Cray Valley Paper Mills. Sat 5th Aug 2023

In photos: Dulwich Hamlet scrape a win against Cray Valley Paper Mills. Sat 5th Aug 2023

More here: In photos: Dulwich Hamlet scrape a win against Cray Valley Paper Mills in pre-season friendly, Sat 5th Aug 2023

baleboy_93

Pascal played most of Kingstonian's matches last season and most of Potters Bar's matches the season before, and is aged 22.

Jalloh is aged 20 and was at Borehamwood from academy level before joining Tooting a year ago, with a few brief loan spells at other clubs.

Hamlet lead 2-1 at half. A nice passing move on the right ended with a Romain shot blocked by the keeper with Scott following up to tap in. Cray equalised immediately while I wasn't paying full attention, much like some of our defenders perhaps? Hamlet regained the lead when Chambers headed back across goal from a free kick to the far post.
Is Kaya the 12 that played against millwall?

Back
Top Bottom