Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Council tax bands

dsd

Anyone here in London/ middx paying ct band A?
I'm in a nice studio but it's band B. So if a studio is B , what could possibly be a band A place?

Anyone here in London/ middx paying ct band A?
I'm in a nice studio but it's band B. So if a studio is B , what could possibly be a band A place?

it was based on the (back of a fag packet) valuation of the place as of 1 April 1991 (more here) rather than band A being the bottom X percent of properties within that borough.

there must be a way they make up a value for places built since then.

if you really want to peruse data, it's here - for example in kensington + chelsea, less than 2 % of properties are band A, in stoke on trent, more than 50% are. Average for England is 24%.

Thanks for the replies.
Puddy_Tat 24% of properties are band A. That's way higher than I thought.
I sometimes think I should appeal my band b rating. The 3 bed flats in my block are c.

I sometimes think I should appeal my band b rating. The 3 bed flats in my block are c.

may be worth a try.

not sure what the process is, and if it can be done this long after the event. your local council's website may be worth a look.

i'm surprised that council tax has lasted as long as it has, to be honest - it was brought in at great speed by john major's government after the thatch was defenestrated, as an attempt to get rid of the poll tax at high speed, and it was all a bit of a bodge.

i suspect no government since has wanted to touch the whole thing with the proverbial barge pole...

may be worth a try.

not sure what the process is, and if it can be done this long after the event. your local council's website may be worth a look.

i'm surprised that council tax has lasted as long as it has, to be honest - it was brought in at great speed by john major's government after the thatch was defenestrated, as an attempt to get rid of the poll tax at high speed, and it was all a bit of a bodge.

i suspect no government since has wanted to touch the whole thing with the proverbial barge pole...

Back
Top Bottom