Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Corona Arms Pub Mid-May Quiz

Well, it was a bit painful at times. It took a lot of prodding to get to them realising what the theme was - they needed clue part 3.

Once they had that, they got 21.5 out of 26 overall. Someone had the literal answer to all of them bar 12 - which someone here has got right - but they got outvoted.

You lot still have to get:

3 Humans, elephants and what are the only creatures to have a neocortex (also called the neopallium and isocortex)? (you need to get it almost exactly right for it to count, everyone was in the vague ballpark)

8 I am important piece of attire in modern day versions of Twelfth Night. In Portuguese I am (according to my pronunciation) 'may as ama relish' - what am I? (Everyone got this tonight)

I omitted 9

Q10 - you've got it, but I just wanted to add that two people got it by the Canadian figure skater :)

Q12 - they were skirting around the right area, and omitted the right word, but could never come up with either of the two key parts to it. Unlike someone here.

Q14 - I dont think anyone has attempted this here. Tonight, obviously someone suggested it - there are only four bloody options - but they plumped for something else.

Q17 - Turns out I could probably have done with rephrasing this question - this is a piece depicting a famous artist and their partner, Who is the 'famous artist'? Both me and the creator of the pic thought it was a picture by the 'famous artist' - but it isn't

Q25 - no one here has the right answer yet. Two people guessed right tonight, so that became the team answer.

They also got the piece of music that doesn't show up, which was good because I had just drunk enough to be prepared to do Bob Dylan singing it (and playing piano)

Last edited:
Ohh, and the Portuguese woman who joined us last week brought her 75 year old father along with her this week. Fuck knows what he made of it all!

Back
Top Bottom