Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cooked roast chicken recipes I can freeze

miss direct

misfungled
I have a small roast chicken in the fridge. Took so long to cook last night in the convection microwave that I couldn't be bothered to eat by the time it was ready.

I have some time to cook today, and I have rice, lentils, potatoes, onions, tomatoes and various other veg. A few basic spices. Pasta shells. Noodles. Mustard oil. I'd like to cook two different dishes that I can freeze and eat later in the week.

I'm in rural Bangladesh - what I have is what's available. I also have limited kitchen equipment (a one ring electric hob, convection microwave, and a few skanky pots.) I'm starting to feel nutritionally deprived..please send suggestions!

A dhal that you can add the chicken too, cooked lentils freeze well. I usually use this recipe but there's loads of variations. And it's a one pot meal.

I have never really successfully frozen cooked potatoes, even when in a curry or other dish, they are always watery and mushy however other people may have had more success.

Thank you. I haven't cooked anything. It's been so hot today and the power kept going out. I did cut the chicken in half and took all the insides out and gave them to a mother cat and her kittens. Will do something with the rest of the chicken tomorrow.

Did you cook it with the insides inside it? If you did, I’d have a taste of the meat on the underside before I did anything with it.
Otherwise I’d probably just quarter it or take the meat off the bones and freeze it until I had some inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom