Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coming Up Next: Peckham's Gentrification

I find that restaurant which theyve called The Begging Bowl insulting and bad taste - oh darling we must go and spend lots of money on over priced food at the Begging Bowl :mad: :mad: :mad:

The worst place is called 'General Products' or 'Provisions' or something on Bellenden Road. It seems to be a go at a 1950s style general store, full of hipsters buying overpriced vegetables etc.

Edit: even has a domain hacking website http://www.generalsto.re/

I took a look in there a while back. Would swear I saw individual salad leaves laid out on a sheet of kitchen roll, so you could choose how many you wanted.

Why would you want to buy any more, or less than you need?

We should be grateful that these groundbreaking trailblazers chose Peckham (well, Bellenden Rd, which is more Dulwich).

Owned by the companay that owns the Victoria across the road ( nee the Wishing Well). I have never been, but heard its not worth the money . Smart setup though - no booking allowed, so they send you across the road to the pub to have a few drinks and wait=£££££

I have been in the victoria once- and that was for the bogs with the kids one sunday afternoon recently - As I stood waiting for the kids to come out, women started to pull their bags in a close and taking their phones off the table, the hacking jacketed and pinks shirted husbands giving me paddington bear hard stares.Yes I was scruffy and unshaven, but for fucks sake....nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Deptford is next.
I went to a Boiler Room type thing called Trailer TV last night, which is a rave in a truck trailer behind the big red bus. DJ Rashad and DJ Spinn playing ultrafast footwork and evil acid :cool:
Haha, glad you enjoyed it. We have a show every two weeks and Raiden, H-SIK & Moresounds this Thursday (who released an EP on OM Unit's label Cosmic Bridge).
Watch out for this space : www.facebook.com/TheTrailerTV (website coming soon)

Used to live near Bell End Rd in the 90s
It was ace and unpretentious
Wish they'd all fuck off back to Wandsworth from whence this Diaspora Of The McLaren Buggy Clan began

Does this rule apply to Brixton too?
every new building has to be considered on a case by case example - theres a lot of variables. if they wanted to build the shard on it, id say no. but to return the station to its original design and reinstate the little square instead of the warren that is the station seems like a great idea to me.

when you say brixton are you talking about the champagne bar? they are just renting out a unit - if they wanted to knock down the market and build a champagne bar id be against it. I dont live in brixton by the way.

Are you against the renovation of the station and reinstating of the square?

Why Blenheim Motors is affected Ive no idea - its behind the station. I would've thought the only shops affected are those where the square would be

every new building has to be considered on a case by case example - theres a lot of variables. if they wanted to build the shard on it, id say no. but to return the station to its original design and reinstate the little square instead of the warren that is the station seems like a great idea to me.

when you say brixton are you talking about the champagne bar? they are just renting out a unit - if they wanted to knock down the market and build a champagne bar id be against it. I dont live in brixton by the way.

Are you against the renovation of the station and reinstating of the square?

Why Blenheim Motors is affected Ive no idea - its behind the station. I would've thought the only shops affected are those where the square would be

Watch the video -they plan to make it a destination with cafes and boutiques - all sounds a bit Brixton Village to me. They want to make it like Bellenden Road. I'm sure there will be a space for champagne + fromage.

well yeah, if its a project thats designed to purely make peckham more upmarket, then thats shit - creating a square and relocating current traders to the new spots created is fine. I really cant see why the arches running up Blenheim road should be affected - unless its a deliberate attempt to get tradition arch-users out, and boutiques in. What is such a wind up is how come for everyone i speak too money is tighter and times harder, and yet everywhere is getting more yuppified - i understand the reasons for it, but its bizarre how this is happening now of all times.

Hi,

I'm writing an article on the changing culture of Peckham and would love to hear your opinion if you're from the area. Please message me if you're happy to answer a few questions. Thanks!

Hi,

I'm writing an article on the changing culture of Peckham and would love to hear your opinion if you're from the area. Please message me if you're happy to answer a few questions. Thanks!
hey!
who and where is the article for? what angle are you using? are you getting paid?
why don't you paste the questions here?

The worst place is called 'General Products' or 'Provisions' or something on Bellenden Road. It seems to be a go at a 1950s style general store, full of hipsters buying overpriced vegetables etc.

Edit: even has a domain hacking website http://www.generalsto.re/
Walked by this vile pile of shite today
Took all my will power not to go in an beat the owner to a blood pulp
Even the shops on Lordship Lane would baulk at their level of psuedo Cotswold Village tosh

But, Flock and Herd takes the "bisquit de Merd"

Best use of an IED I can think of

Walked by this vile pile of shite today
Took all my will power not to go in an beat the owner to a blood pulp
Even the shops on Lordship Lane would baulk at their level of psuedo Cotswold Village tosh

But, Flock and Herd takes the "bisquit de Merd"

Best use of an IED I can think of

Nah. Flock and Herd are awesome.

General Store is dreadful, though.

I was sorry to see the barbers close, mind :(

I find that restaurant which theyve called The Begging Bowl insulting and bad taste - oh darling we must go and spend lots of money on over priced food at the Begging Bowl :mad: :mad: :mad:
See also Chicken Shop in Tooting.

Back
Top Bottom