Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Colonel B, the ABC case, and The Leveller

PTK

Paul Kegan
Earlier today, I was thinking about the independent left-wing magazine to which I once subscribed, called The Leveller. The Wikipedia page about said defunct publication refers to the court case in which it was involved, over revealing the identity of “Colonel B” in the ABC court case. I had forgotten about Col B.

Does anyone remember The Leveller?

Does anyone remember the ABC case?

Does anyone remember “Col B” (real identity HA Johnstone)?

Earlier today, I was thinking about the independent left-wing magazine to which I once subscribed, called The Leveller. The Wikipedia page about said defunct publication refers to the court case in which it was involved, over revealing the identity of “Colonel B” in the ABC court case. I had forgotten about Col B.

Does anyone remember The Leveller?

Does anyone remember the ABC case?

Does anyone remember “Col B” (real identity HA Johnstone)?
I remember all of this…

ABC was Aubrey Berry and Duncan Campbell

• Ex-CIA whistleblower Philip Agees book ‘Dirty Work: The CIA in Western Europe’ has a chapter on it
  • also significant because that sewer rat Gerry Gable (Searchlight editor) spied on the defence campaign on behalf of spooks while pretending to support them: proven by the infamous Gable Memorandum which is reproduced on our website www.borderland.co.uk I think

I remember all of this…

ABC was Aubrey Berry and Duncan Campbell

• Ex-CIA whistleblower Philip Agees book ‘Dirty Work: The CIA in Western Europe’ has a chapter on it
  • also significant because that sewer rat Gerry Gable (Searchlight editor) spied on the defence campaign on behalf of spooks while pretending to support them: proven by the infamous Gable Memorandum which is reproduced on our website www.borderland.co.uk I think
Thanks. Interesting about Gable.

Vague memory of going on a march from (maybe) MI5 to MI6? Something like that. And meetings and benefits and so on. All a long time ago, I can't even put a year on it, and cba to look it up.

I think I read the Leveller fairly regularly, in those far off days when magazine and pamphlets were the main ways news and ideas circulated.

I met John Berry a few times at various political/ social doos in North London. Bought a couple of editions of The Leveler but it never had anything on the ground in terms of influence

Back
Top Bottom