Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coca-Cola company trials first paper bottle + other enviro news..

There is an inventor who developed a cellophane type of material from processed seaweed, this decomposed naturally after a few months. I think she was quite progressed in getting trials for food packaging but when I searched for articles on this I couldn't recall names well enough to find the articles again.

There is an inventor who developed a cellophane type of material from processed seaweed, this decomposed naturally after a few months. I think she was quite progressed in getting trials for food packaging but when I searched for articles on this I couldn't recall names well enough to find the articles again.

There have been a few doing that sort of work, someone even made a plastic equivalent out of waste meat products (skins, misc bits)

There have been a few doing that sort of work, someone even made a plastic equivalent out of waste meat products (skins, misc bits)
I think I might have heard of something about this. Could caused problems for vegitarians / vegans, wrapping their food in packaging made from meat products :) :(

The challenge for developers of novel materials is that the materials have to have repeatable characteristics in production to be viable for packaging applications.

One leaky Coke bottle in a stack of hundreds is going to spoil a lot of product.

Back
Top Bottom