Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cloud Appreciation thread

Y'know who'd love this? Hugh Dennis.

Anyway, to show willing, this is my Facebook profile page 'cover'. Can't remember where I took it.

1628070975577.png

Keep meaning to read my copy of Cloudspotter's Guide. I can even see it over the top of my laptop screen.

It will stay there unread for some time, though, I imagine ;)

cloud_shutterstock_611605280.jpg

I’m not good with the technical cloud terms, so I’ll just call this “freaky storm clouds”, although I don’t remember them producing any rain. pic was taken on an iPhone 8 in 2018 directly overhead our house, and although it looks digitally enhanced my memory is that they really did have that much contrast.

Cloud nerds are welcome to jump in and explain how a formation like this happens!

5594041C-EACA-4719-B147-949F956C6545.jpeg

I’m not good with the technical cloud terms, so I’ll just call this “freaky storm clouds”, although I don’t remember them producing any rain. pic was taken on an iPhone 8 in 2018 directly overhead our house, and although it looks digitally enhanced my memory is that they really did have that much contrast.

Cloud nerds are welcome to jump in and explain how a formation like this happens!

View attachment 282032
Looks like stratocumulus to me. (Distance would be a factor but there’s nothing in the photo to help me).

This thread is in tune with a recent album on my Ipernity ... there are several groups dedicated to cloud images ...

Back
Top Bottom