Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Citroën Ami - a tiny, electric 'polypropylene cube on wheels' for urban driving

No microcar is safe in a collision judging by those I've seen. I hate the Smart for its build quality but it's better than any microcar I've seen.

Showing good skills there in managing to film the instrument pod smoothly and at the same time drive at 70kph around country lanes :thumbs:

I was once a passenger in a car whizzing around the lanes of the Vale of Glamorgan. Speeds of 70 mph round blind bends put years on my life, and my underwear under severe risk. 1974, but remember it as clearly as yesterday. There wasn't an encore.

So it's a stylish G-Wizz, with all the same problems. Mainly safety-related.

So it's safer than a bike, but crucially much less safe than a proper car. You want something small, there's the very safe Smart. You want electric, there's no end of them these days. Buying a quad bike with a roof has never been a great idea.
This is really negative. Car speeds are being forced lower. This is affordable, economical and uses hardly any space.
Wave of the future.

I once got a whole band's worth of gear, including drum kit, amps, guitars etc in a Nissan Micra after a gig.

Plus three members of the band.

Granted, I was splayed across a bass drum, with a Gibson SG up my arse, but it can be done.

I've also moved house in a Fiat Panda.

I once got a whole band's worth of gear, including drum kit, amps, guitars etc in a Nissan Micra after a gig.

Plus three members of the band.

Granted, I was splayed across a bass drum, with a Gibson SG up my arse, but it can be done.

I've also moved house in a Fiat Panda.

For a number of years I could fit everything I owned in a car. A bought a few bigger cars before I gave up. Drew the line at a long wheel base van.

Back
Top Bottom