Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cheaper ( not free) options than Spotify premium?

I have a few close friends in bands. From fairly big bands that play main stages at festivals and are on Radio 1 a fair bit, to your small obscure bands.

All say they get pretty good payments from streaming services.
The guys in the really obscure bands seem especially happy.
I'm sure you are being ironic but just in case anyone didn't get it: the "artist" gets effectively zero from spotify (with the exception of a few massive ones).

I mean i wouldn't feel guilty about using it because of that, I do still use it, and it isn't like anyone is obliged to put their stuff on there... but yeah that is how it is.

I don’t think a tenner a month is too bad given how much music costs to buy and you get access to more than you’d ever be able to afford.

I mean i wouldn't feel guilty about using it because of that, I do still use it, and it isn't like anyone is obliged to put their stuff on there... but yeah that is how it is.
It's just one of the ways that the internet has changed things. The days of a band buying houses off the back of one hit single are long gone. Some kids find the concept of spending money to hear music to be otherworldly.

It's really cheap tbh. I get it and I used to spend way more on music 20 years ago as a skint student.

I suppose it depends on whether you’re someone who has a collection of albums numbered in the tens or if you’re constantly seeking out new music. For me I’d spent about £200 in a really short space of time in iTunes before concluding paying for Apple Music made more sense.

that is interesting... Is it to the extent that streaming is getting more profit than any other kind of sales? Or even that they can function just off streaming revenue?
its not the biggest of their money makers. From what they've told me. But it's important.

Back
Top Bottom