Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Central London photos - parks, buildings, street scenes and London life

editor

hiraethified
I took a lovely stroll through Regent's park on Saturday and had apparently chanced upon the best time to see the roses in full bloom. It's a lovely park, and I'd forgotten just how big it is.

regents-park-london-01.jpg

regents-park-london-12.jpg

regents-park-london-13.jpg

More: A sunny walk through a rose-packed Regent’s Park in central London

Last edited:
Lovely!
I worked near Regents Park for a few years and used to go in some lunch times. Queen Mary's rose garden is wonderful when the roses are out. There used to be little terapins in the pool.

Regents park is lovely. Probably my favourite London park.

I used to ride my bike there as a teenager and smoke spliffs whilst watching the world go by.

Yes, the nice thing about the park is, despite being in central London, you can always find a nice quiet spot in there!

The one with umbrellas outside the Hippodrome looks quite painterly. Like something by Renoir maybe.
Thanks for that - that's a heck of a compliment! I wish I'd spent more time there as the lighting was really interesting but it was (a) pissing it down and (b) rammed full of people pushing past so I was getting in everyone's way.

Here's two others that I also took around the same time. I'm not sure if they're any better.

del2.jpg del1.jpg

Lovely pics editor.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but it's worth mentioning again...

london-photos-april-2015-10.jpg

The building in the middle there is Tintagel House. It's where the Krays were taken when arrested as it was thought that a normal nick or even Scotland Yard would have people inside on their payroll who'd try to help them out.

CA5ED818-35F6-4BB3-A15C-81B8A34B5B66.jpeg

Here is mine; now, can we talk about the two elephants in this thread? ;)

The mirror/stone sculpture was my favourite.

Back
Top Bottom