Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Central London Art Galleries

I'm heading up to London tomorrow morning and me and the kids want to see some art galleries. We are heading to Portobello Road first thing but then after that I was thinking of wandering down New Bond Street and checking out all the little shops and galleries down there. Anyone got any better ideas? It's all a bit posh in that area but I don't know the London art scene well enough to have any better ideas.

Help!

I'd probably do Tate Britain & Tate Modern , is there still a boat between the two ?

Eta

Yes there is

Han Collection and Ceramics Centre outside the British Museum are worth a visit. There’s a number of smaller posh galleries in the area to - a couple along store street and some in the maze of small streets behind TCR on the way to Oxford Circus

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Capturing the Moment exhibit at the Tate either

The Hilma af Klint / Piet Mondrian and Rossetti's exhibitions at Tate Modern and Tate Britain are both very interesting. Though I think they are probably most interesting if you know some of the background so maybe not ideal for kids?

The After Impression exhibition at the National Galley is fantastic and has some amazing pictures by some of the top artists - highly recommended.You do need to book though.

I also have a liking for The Courthauld Gallery at Somerset House, some great late 19th/early 20th stuff.

Back
Top Bottom