Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Carter, Brixton, the end.

paolo

Saw a few urbs friends in the Albert before the off.

Who else went? What did you think?

Earlier in the day I went for a Nandos, and when I saw the signage at the Academy:

CARTER USM 1987-2014

Even at lunch that was briefly emotional. Later, seeing an almost sea of Carter T Shirts in the Albert beforehand, well, this was always going to be special, a homecoming end. I can get a bit "dust in my eye" at some music. In my brief Carter fandom I'd not yet heard them play God Created Brixton. Been off the playlist for years. After a smoke I came back in for the opening bars and promptly cried the whole way through. :)

Oh and jeez, never seen so much crowd surf! There was almost an (elevated) queue for (nice) security to take them over the rail and return to the pit. :)

Who else went? Have a good one?

God Created Brixton is one of my favourite Carter songs, one of a few of theirs which often get stuck in my head.

Heard them on 6 Music the other week. Used to love them as a kid, but they got sidelined.. Have to admit, hearing them again, the songs still stand up. I need to (preferably) get a CD of the hits or failing that a download. All my Carter USM stuff was bought on cassette. :D

I've always liked them, but I understand that they are, or at least were, a very divisive band. You either bought into the fun of it all, or thought it was unfunny shite.

I'm genuinely chuffed that it was a good night, it sounds amazing. :)

I'm so fucking pissed off I had to sell my ticket. What a plank I am, I should have found a way to go and worried about the consequences later!

Cheers, I might order it. :)

Although, when I watched some of the Pulp tour that I missed, I cried. :oops: :D :facepalm:

I'm genuinely chuffed that it was a good night, it sounds amazing. :)

I'm so fucking pissed off I had to sell my ticket. What a plank I am, I should have found a way to go and worried about the consequences later!

The Brixton show was filmed. I know it's never the same on DVD but it may give a taste of things.

ETA :mad: at Fingers

Santino ... I wish! Although I think the thing about it being actually for real the last ever show was one of the things that cranked everything up to eleven on the night. It was like all the hunger hopes dreams ambition kudos and achievements of an entire career was poured into that one set. I saw them at their first ever gig, and all through the years. Maybe more than at any other show I've seen since then, there was something about the way they were playing on Saturday that reminded me of the way they played back then at The Clarendon, the thing that fascinated and bewitched me. It was something about the way they interact on stage, the close private intense conversation they were having with each other onstage.

Photos from Indie Delights's post in Carter USM @ Brixton Academy 2014
[URL='https://www.facebook.com/groups/186201094753009/permalink/842757009097411/']Back to Album

10730826_10152907265303921_4578554156991454220_n.jpg

7eXyMfo7rRq.png

Type any name to tag:
Type any name

"}">LikeComment
UnlikeComment
Tag photo

Click on the photo to start tagging.Finished tagging
CancelFinished cropping

Drag the corners of the box above to crop your new Profile photo.
Saving your new profile picture

Indie Delights
Carter USM @ Brixton Academy 2014

Hard for this hero to say goodbye.[/URL]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom