Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Carrying stuff on buses

tommers

Fuck it, it's fine.
I just tried to get on a bus with a car battery (unused, brand new) and the driver wouldn't even open the doors.

Is this normal? Or was he just being a twat?

What else can you not take on buses (I mean apart from guns and grenades and things obviously)?

Get all sorts round here, blokes with massive bedding/clothing bundles heading back home after a job, plasters with all their kit in a bucket and lots of produce. Not any actual poultry and livestock like I used to see all the time down south, also a motorbike once on a long haul, stuck it in the aisle. Which, come to think of it, would also be the only battery I recall :hmm:

9.3 You must not bring with you anything that:
•is more than 2 metres long
•you are unable to carry yourself (including on stairs)
•is hazardous or inflammable
•is likely to cause injury or obstruct other customers or staff
•is likely to cause damage to buses, Underground trains or stations.

9.4Staff can refuse permission for you to take any item onto our services.

From here:

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/tfl-conditions-of-carriage.pdf

beat me to that one

saying that appears the horse was lucky as it had been hit by 2 cars :(

The plague.

I think getting a bus would be the least of your worries if you had plague. At least no one would sit next to you when your buboes are supperating.

I've seen bus drivers refuse to allow people on with sealed pots of paint - not great if the only way you can get the DIY shop is by bus, although it would be easy enough to conceal it in a large bag.

Last edited:
unless you are also carrying a ball hammer

surely a brand new car battary with a reciept should not get you turffed off a bus

most people who care going to throw acid about carry it in glass bottles

:hmm:

I've taken tins of paint on buses before. Well sealed and concealed in a computer printer box carried in a bag ...

In fact, better sealed than stuff that has been delivered to me via couriers.

Yeah, isnt there a legal prohibition on carrying corrosive liquids now, as a result of the horribble acid attacks?

Well not really, as anyone driving a car is schlepping a car battery's worth of acid around with them. Not that you need it, as the car itself can be used as a murder weapon with minimal legal consequences.

Well not really, as anyone driving a car is schlepping a car battery's worth of acid around with them. Not that you need it, as the car itself can be used as a murder weapon with minimal legal consequences.
God help us if people ever realise they're allowed to carry an inch of water around with them.

It was aimed at containers of corrosive stuff, like bottles, etc. - and not car batteries for obvious reasons.

I've taken a new m/c battery across town by bus. This was to get it filled and charged for the first time, so it was dry when it was on the bus. The place I got the acid from brought the charged battery around a couple of days later (after they had tested it).
Obv, this was a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom