Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Canvey Island

I'm thinking of having a slow walk around Canvey this weekend(inspired by the Feelgood doc).I really cant be bothered to write anymore.Is it worth the journey?

Going to Canvey only gives you a nice feeling of being on an island-, the place is featureless and lacks urban character

I've got a book called "Country Walks near London" by Christopher Somerville that includes a walk around Canvey Island. The blurb at the beginning admits it might be the last place you'd expect to have a nice day's ramble but it says there's a lot more to Canvey than its uncompromising reputation would have believe. I haven't done it yet though.

I've got a book called "Country Walks near London" by Christopher Somerville that includes a walk around Canvey Island. The blurb at the beginning admits it might be the last place you'd expect to have a nice day's ramble but it says there's a lot more to Canvey than its uncompromising reputation would have believe. I haven't done it yet though.
I have. Its a fucking dump

*bump*

Found myself there this weekend. Interesting place, great for cyclists (45 mins from Fenchurch St, 15 mile circumnativation of the sea wall). Some camera phone shots:

2011-04-09133254.jpg

2011-04-09133357.jpg

2011-04-09135516.jpg

2011-04-09141347.jpg

2011-04-09141642.jpg

Bleak :D

Why didn't you just cycle along the seafront all the way to Shoebury, at least you get to see the sea

Just got back from Canvey Island.
What a squalid shit hole. I searched this board for Canvey after I got back...........big mistake!:mad:

My gf said "kiss me where it smells", so I snogged her on Canvey Island. < squelches away through thick mud...>

Back
Top Bottom