Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Canterbury this weekend

telbert

Do you like sponge?
Right, me & the missus are off to Canterbury this weekend, primarily for the christmas market & a bit of shopping,Once again im looking for great places to eat & drink too. We also have a visit to the cathedral in mind. Any info/recommendations most welcome.TIA

Falstaff hotel at St. Dunstans good for cocktails and opposite is Pegasus, a gin and craft beer bar.
Also there is the Foundry, which I think is a micro brewery. It was but I’ve not n since it moved to the new place. Was good before though.

If you're planning to drive, Canterbury has a couple of park + ride sites on the edge of the city - must be 15 years or more ago that i went there but they were quite well equipped - proper waiting room with bogs at each site and so on.

from memory, the ticketing was a bit complicated (car parking is VAT-able, bus travel isn't, bus travel can be covered by concessionary passes, car parking isn't, so some places try to account for them separately) but that may have changed now.

Just make sure you go back to the right one - the buses used to go from car park A to the city to car park B and back, so it's the same colour buses to both of them. i vaguely remember someone ending up at the wrong car park and being confused...

Bell and Crown pub. Just past the cathedral on palace street.
The Parrot not that far away, on Church lane.
Parrot has a fuller menu but I don’t know how good. Been a long time.
Both lovely pubs though.

Was going to suggest Simple Simon's until checked to find it is now The Parrot!

telbert The Cathedral is worth a look, also recommend a canal/river tour in the centre of the town. Here's one of the companies

Fucking hell! I mean, it looks nice and that but it smells really old and fusty. Do they even dust it, ffs?

Back
Top Bottom