Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can you help publicise Non-League Day (6 Sept) and help break attendance record?

I had a message from the BBC's Non League Show today asking for an audio account of the march from Peckham Rye to Champion Hill and of the game itself. Here's a copy of the message:

Hello Peter! Fancy recording something for us on nl day using iphone memo app? Be great to get you on march, then in ground.. Say name, club then what you're doing on day and email to nonleague@bbc.co.uk

The only problem is I'm unable to make the game on Saturday due to family commitments, so would anyone else be able to do it? pompeydunc is it something I can pass on to you to try and sort out?

I had a message from the BBC's Non League Show today asking for an audio account of the march from Peckham Rye to Champion Hill and of the game itself. Here's a copy of the message:

Hello Peter! Fancy recording something for us on nl day using iphone memo app? Be great to get you on march, then in ground.. Say name, club then what you're doing on day and email to nonleague@bbc.co.uk

The only problem is I'm unable to make the game on Saturday due to family commitments, so would anyone else be able to do it? pompeydunc is it something I can pass on to you to try and sort out?

I don't have an iPhone app. Perhaps something for the forward the hamlet duo - pettyboy ?

Top leafleting outside Peckham Rye by the man in the shed tonight.

I've stuck a poster in the Warwick Gardens notice board and tweeted through south west Peckham's most popular park-focused Twitter feed (@WarwickGardens) advertising the game.

Me and the whippet have been encouraging a few more dogs to attend too. An untapped source of future support in my view

Top leafleting outside Peckham Rye by the man in the shed tonight.

I've stuck a poster in the Warwick Gardens notice board and tweeted through south west Peckham's most popular park-focused Twitter feed (@WarwickGardens) advertising the game.

Me and the whippet have been encouraging a few more dogs to attend too. An untapped source of future support in my view

I think we got through about 900 flyers in 90 minutes tonight between the three of us. Really great response from so many people. Let's keep the momentum going. Still no volunteers from the west side of Champion Hill in that Brixton. I've always been dubious of anyone with an SW postcode to be honest.

Forgot to say, we also popped into the Gowlett and flyered there. Nearly every table wanted to talk about it. Many people said they would come on Saturday...and I don't think they were trying to get rid of us!

I intend to do the same on my cycle back home tonight at the Oval, Brixton, Lordship lane and Bellenden Road. Hopefully convert a few more Friday drinkers. If anyone wants to join me at any point, then PM me. Alternatively print your own (see link at start of this thread) and stick to your local pubs.

Success of a sort! http://www.football365.com/mailbox/9457336/Mails

They edited out my link, which is fair enough.

More On The Rabble
Since Richard, NCFC, Suburbia was so good enough to write such nice things about Dulwich Hamlet and Non League Day in the last mailbox. I just wanted to add that this Saturday it is indeed Pay What You Want at Dulwich Hamlet FC, located at Chamption Hill (near Dulwich / Peckham / Brixton).

Please come! We are hoping to set a new Dulwich Hamlet attendance record, at our current ground, which is currently 1,835; when we hosted Southport in the First Round Proper of the FA Cup, back in 1998.

Dulwich Hamlet have also been chosen as an ambassador club for the national footballing anti-racism & discrimination 'Kick It Out' organisation, one of only four non-league clubs to be nominated to carry their message on the day.
Michael (Big Phil Wilson fan!)

Well done, pompeydunc, I do not know what you have done to my girlfriend in the Prince Regent, but apparently we will be in attendance tomorrow.

Great. Whoever you may be! My evangelising took me from Oval to Brixton tube, then pubs in Herne Hill, Lordship Lane, Flying Pig and Queens Road.

Many people had already the news. One person said we are 'trending' on Twitter!

Final push tomorrow midday at Peckham Rye fête. Support welcome! There is a beer tent there if that helps...

Back
Top Bottom