Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can you freeze kedgeree?

Sounds a bit dodgy to me...cooked fish, frozen (again?), then defrosted and warmed up? :hmm:
You'd freeze a fish pie though. I suspect the fish, because it's very oily, wouldn't be too great after freezing, and the eternal reheated rice dilemma.

You can freeze something twice just not in the same state. So you can defrost something raw, cook it, and refreeze it :)

Sounds a bit dodgy to me...cooked fish, frozen (again?), then defrosted and warmed up? :hmm:

Yeah i think you're right.Eggs,fish and rice.Frozen and then re-heated.Sounds like a compendium of all the "will i die if...." threads on here:facepalm:.
Gotta try and eat it today aint i.

No way. Not on food safety grounds. And I don't think you can freeze boiled eggs or rice. Bin any leftovers.

Freezing and reheating cooked fish or rice is not a problem. Or eggs. The problem occurs when you put it into a state where bacteria are able to multiply. That might be from leaving it to defrost in the warm, it might be leaving it out to cool for too long. Defrosting multiple times gives more opportunity for bacteria to breed. That is all.

That said frozen rice and eggs would probably be shit.

It's ok in the fridge though (well, if you've left it out since this morning it may be dubious), I always make too much and eat over three days or so.

Back
Top Bottom