Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"Camper van" doesn't really do this justice

I like how the comments are split 50/50 between the usual pricks frothing at the mouth and people rationally discussing what a great vehicle it is
I wonder which side you're on :D

"rationally discussing what a great vehicle it is"

:D It's a fucking ugly monstrosity :D

You could argue the longer it's parked there is buying time for the seafront being engulfed by rising sea levels

Supposldy has a 4 wheel drive buggy in the back of it and the guy is going off to africa after visting family

come on someone must of see this dude on online somewhere
:hmm:

Something bellaozzydog might drive?

:DI downsized from my previous monstrosity but my current van is still killing me on petrol mpg

Really who needs a van that big other than space marines. Surely it’s size isolates you from all the travelling stuff you are meant to appreciate.

Pretty cool though. And pretty expensive. I’d guess 230 grand minimum

I know that nothing much ever happens in Brighton, but really, The Argus?

Jesus fucking wept... :facepalm: :D

I have never been a fan of #vanlife because why shit in a bucket and dine on dairylea on toast when you could stay in a nice hotel. However, I would like a toterhome for track days.

passengerside0002-1528817417995.jpg

I've seen vans like that at festivals, usually used by performers I think. I like those vans but parking that on the seafront for more than a couple of hours is a bit of a piss-take I think.

:DI downsized from my previous monstrosity but my current van is still killing me on petrol mpg

Really who needs a van that big other than space marines. Surely it’s size isolates you from all the travelling stuff you are meant to appreciate.

Pretty cool though. And pretty expensive. I’d guess 230 grand minimum

Only mentioned you as it was you that flagged up that website with expedition vans that I lust after on ages ago I think.

I wonder which side you're on :D

"rationally discussing what a great vehicle it is"

:D It's a fucking ugly monstrosity :D
It would look a thousand times better if they gave the fucking thing some paint.

What is it? It looks like some kind of military thing with a shed welded onto the back. If the right hand side is the back, it can't be road legal with that gap to the road.

In Aus a lot of people live in amazing buses. Mostly older people who have retired and spend their time chasing the perfect weather. They get called grey nomads. And as I live in a tourist town I often see the same buses around the same time every year.

There's this amazing huge Volvo bus, its completely chromed. One year I managed to blag my way into it for a look and it was super luxurious inside. At the time I was hanging out with a fella who was a bit criminal minded and between us we hatched a cunning plan to steal it..... It'll be back again in July :hmm:

I actually used to own a 52 seater bus turned home in England in the 80s, woodfire stove etc.. and sold it to come here. The idea being to get another one and live in a country with room to park up without getting arrested all the time. But life happened and the closest I got to it was a pop top Kombi.

So a bus is now my retirement plan, although recently I've been thinking about houseboats a lot :)

I've actually been looking at this as a project and future home. My eldest has just bought 12 acres in town so I could put it there and do it up....then put it in the marina.

I've seen vans like that at festivals, usually used by performers I think. I like those vans but parking that on the seafront for more than a couple of hours is a bit of a piss-take I think.

Yup, the smallish circus that comes to a country town near me had several of these truck-based campers mostly housing whole families, and what looked like a converted cattle truck, with double-decker “pod” accommodation for single performers/staff. IIRC it was 8-10 pods on each trailer.

There's some military stuff like that too - tank transporters or missile trucks etc - and the odd civilian ones here and there like crane trucks.

Spymaster I am so disappointed in you. As you point out, there is a massive overhang at the back of the van in the op.
Not only that, but the overhang sticks out across the whole width of the cycle lane.
That could be a killer for an unwary cyclist or two :facepalm:

Turns out that if you search '8x8 motorhome' there's loads of things like this. They even seem to make them new, like the MAN Unicat.

1578501756728.png

Spymaster I am so disappointed in you. As you point out, there is a massive overhang at the back of the van in the op.
Not only that, but the overhang sticks out across the whole width of the cycle lane.
That could be a killer for an unwary cyclist or two :facepalm:

back overhang is for clearance when you are driving up and down crazy countryside

It seems Hove's 'The Argus' readers have had previous beef with these "Travellers/Not Travellers" clogging up the seafront before.

Tony Davenport 31st August 2019 11:14 pm

Patrick Smash wrote:It was clueless '5 Homes' Lucas who declared back in 2015 that Brighton was now 'the most Traveller-friendly city in the UK'.I don't suppose that there are many gypsies camping near any of the properties that she and her multi-millionaire property developer husband Richard 'Comfort' Savage own...
I don't think he's a property developer - he's an ex-cricketer and now teacher at Ardingly as I recall?
Last Updated: 1st September 2019 9:04 pm

I like this one...

Ivana Safespace 1st September 2019 10:36 pm

0 No,the city of sanctuary is for middle class people with time on their hands to donate an odd pair of trousers and make a cup of tea for some economic migrants in the hope that Hannah from the Pilates class happens to notice.
Last Updated: 1st September 2019 10:40 pm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom