Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Camp Bestival 2018: washed up pop sludge ahoy

rick Astley is a bit ironic guilty pleasure like a number of glasto bookings. Donk is a pretty silly strain of northern dance music given comedy prime time slot at Bangface in the name of good fun. Clean Bandit are a massive successful pop act popular with young teens with a number of top ten tunes from a couple of years back.
An ironic guilty pleasure? I didn't realise there was such a thing!

I think that’s unfair. I’ve been to both (for context I went to Camp Bestival on a freebie through work a few years ago and have been going to Glastonbury since the mid 90s) and Camp Bestival is a bit like tiny bits of Glastonbury. They’re bits I wouldn’t choose to go to on the whole, and I suspect you wouldn’t either because you haven’t got kids and neither have I. But it’s there. In a smaller way. I had a jolly old time at Camp Bestival when I went (Richard Hawley was ace :cool:) but I wouldn’t pay for a ticket. But then I’m not their target audience.

That said the bogs were pretty shit on the whole.

As an addendum I also went to Bestival proper once and thought it was fucking dreadful. Getting our tent robbed on the 1st night didn’t help, but the infrastructure was fucking terrible and the sound was terrible for most bands. Only festival I’ve ever left early and that says something when I’ve coped with a lot of Glastonbury mudbaths.

Interesting comparisons. I've no time to reply really but you make some fair points I accept :)

I was crosser than I needed to be last night maybe, because our one experience of Camp Bestival was largely awful. And oh yes, terrible toilets there I do remember :D :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom