Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bude Tunnel

The last time I went to Cornwall, Middle (28 in September) was in a pushchair, clearly there have been significant upgrades in facilities and leisure activities and another visit is long overdue.

This is definitely on my bucket list of things to do before I die. I'd like to think future generations of relatives talk with great reverence about my visit to this monument one day.

This is definitely on my bucket list of things to do before I die. I'd like to think future generations of relatives talk with great reverence about my visit to this monument one day.

Do you I've been to that Sainsbury's dozens of times and never actually walked down the tunnel. I guess it's from a desire for my life to not peak too soon.

The Bude Tunnel has competition from "Curley Wurley" bridge in Crawley...

1701163727025.png

Scoring 4.5 out of 5 on Google reviews, here's a sample of comments...

The name of this bridge really speaks for itself. I would love to eventually see a gift shop erected at either end of the bridge so people could bring home memories of their pilgrimages to this truly spiritual place. My son was convinced, and baptised, on this bridge. I have a tattoo of this bridge on the small of my back. It is my dying wish to have my ashes scattered off the Curly Wurley Bridge when I eventually leave this earth. Thank you. Please visit.

Came all the way from Brazil to see this beautiful bridge. Took me about 3 hours to reach the other side, because I was so astounded with the view from the top. I recommends that visitors wear protective gears.

I came from New Zealand for this bridge. It really got my motor running, and my gears turning. I had a passionate experience while crossing this bridge. It felt very, very, warm.

The Curley Wurley Bridge is a feat of modern archtecture. By some miracle the government had not deregulated the industry enough to allow this marvel to be built with RAAC. For this, we are thankful. A sturdy structure that is a handy landmark in which I can estimate how many more minutes it will take to get to the vets, it takes my mind off my own worries as I imagine just how much effort it must take to make it up and over in a wheelchair. It's the thought that counts though, and compared to the neck breaking steep steps on the new Manor Royal footbridge, hey, at least they tried.

Travelled from Djibouti due to all the hype about this bridge, a trip well worth it indeed! I sat atop the bridge and ate some Onion Bhajis from a bag, I bought them from a drunkard from town wearing an eye patch and a cravat. This I think summarised my vacation in this town of Crawley, must visit

I will give this bridge a five-star simply because I passed it every day for at least 20+ years of school runs, you get kids waving , or you see people's birthday banners hung over the edge , to surprise thier loved ones wouldn't surprise me if some point over the years someone romantic used it as a proposal. Imagine that. But walking over it is another thing it gives me vertigo, though that has nothing to do with the hight more than the vertical lines of the support rail. So maybe I should take a star off for that. It's far better than going over the Dartford bridge now that has some hight to it

Crawley’s best attraction

(((Crawley))) :D

They had a footbridge like that in chesterfield. It bounced when you walked over it. They redeveloped the other side to make a retail park so replaced the bridge over a main through route with a pelican crossing. :facepalm:

I visited the famous Bude tunnel (or at least the Sainsbury's car park) back in 2010 when I was briefly living and working in north Cornwall, but I inexplicably failed to recognize its world heritage status.
I'm pretty sure it was still a Summerfield back then.

Back
Top Bottom