Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - May 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try harder.

fake-smile.jpg

I've just come back from a fantasic and very well attended MayDay march. I haven't seen it this busy in years, hundreds of RMT members swelling the ranks. Such hope and passion expressed by those i met at the muster point and along the march; even the speeches in the square were inspirational. We have lost Tony and Bob but we remembered them today and we drew collective strength from everything they stood for, everything they fought for.

My favourite moment of the day?

I hadn't seen my sister "A" in seventeen years and then my mother passed away in March. She was waiting for me at Aldwych; she had waited over twenty minutes in the rain as i was towards the back of the march. I was lost in conversation with a comrade but i heard shouting, "Dexter, Dexter." I looked across and saw her strategically placed at a traffic island. She doesn't share my politics but she knew i would be on the march and she waited for me.

Solidarity sister!

I watched about ten seconds... that's ten seconds of my life I could have lost to posting on urban75, rather than watching some daft cartoon.
On the bright side, that's less than the time I wasted posting about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom