Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton immigration stop and search Atlantic Road (17/5/22)

Saw them doing en masse stops on deliveroo, ubereats, etc delivery bikes on Brixton Hill on Friday evening, I assume checking for....special deliveries.
Imagine having to explain to someone their 18quid burger is cold cos the filth wanted to search your bag to make sure you wernt, in fact, dropping off powdered desert.

Saw them doing en masse stops on deliveroo, ubereats, etc delivery bikes on Brixton Hill on Friday evening, I assume checking for....special deliveries.
Imagine having to explain to someone their 18quid burger is cold cos the filth wanted to search your bag to make sure you wernt, in fact, dropping off powdered desert.
Or having no license/ insurance/ MOT?

Possibly a bunch of stuff. I know a bunch of young people in care/asylum system are doing deliveroo jobs on the side. lots of borrowed natiional insurance numbers. wouldn't be supprised if it was scooter/insurence stuff too although a lot of it is done with electric bike/scooters

Report on the recent Dalton one.

It appears that police cracking down on delivery drivers is part of making the area a "hostile environment" in order to "clean up" the area.

I'm wondering if police checking riders details in central Brixton is same thing.

These are lowly paid workers. They work hard in all weathers to make a living.

A lot are immigrants. Brazilians etc. As in Hackney the first aim of police may be checking bikes. But if name comes up as wanted over immigration then cops may try arrest.

All in all its about getting certain kinds of people out of an area.

There are a lot of food delivery drivers parked up in Atlantic road and outside Pop. During pandemic food delivery was one way that business kept going. Now pandemic has eased off and people can eat out more these delivery drivers are now being hounded. It's a bit crap really.

Immigration offences not a performance indicator for any police forces so they aren’t going to spend money on illegal immigration operations big or small.

On the Met and immigration. This article about Tooting last year shows the Met do take part in immigration sweeps. Even if as in this case they say it was a coincidence they were stopping drivers in the same road as immigration enforcement.

This must be case of immigration enforcement working closely with the Met.

• Angry
Reactions: Ax^
There are a lot of food delivery drivers parked up in Atlantic road and outside Pop. During pandemic food delivery was one way that business kept going. Now pandemic has eased off and people can eat out more these delivery drivers are now being hounded. It's a bit crap really.
As you allude to, there is also a lot less work for the drivers now.

Re checking bikes, there seem to be quite a few which have been deregulated. I often see them cruising along at fairly high speeds (for a bike) without pedaling. Easily at speed limit. Basically electric mopeds, presumably without a licence. Is that what they are looking for?

Back
Top Bottom