Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton and South London Guide for Cyclists – bike shops, repairs, accessories, bike hire, cycle clubs and more!

editor

hiraethified
This took about two days longer than I expected but it's finally up. Please add any shops I've missed out and point out any mistakes.

I'm not working on a guide to local cycling clubs, support groups and racing tracks, and would appreciate any tips.
So far I've got Lambeth Cyclists, Wheels For Wellbeing, Herne Hill Velodrome and Brixton Cycles Club but there must be more. Not sure whether I should include the Grosvenor Cycling Club, han ?

Brixton and South London Guide for Cyclists – all the bike shops, repairs, accessories and bike hire locations

Vaidas Bicycles | Bike shop in London in Honor Oak - wicked and cheap, comes across as moody but totally straight up and down nice guy. Fairest price its possible to get for work IME. Opened a few years ago...maybe 8?

Finches in Forest Hill is super solid and well established - since 1947

COMPTON CYCLES in Catford - est 1975 - safe and sound too. When ive had work done there looks like they bring in young apprentices <a good thing

My current local one Deens Garage est 1913 in Beckenham Deens Garage Bike Shop :: Deens Garage - super friendly
1-pi-deens_painting.jpg

Vaidas Bicycles | Bike shop in London in Honor Oak - wicked and cheap, comes across as moody but totally straight up and down nice guy. Fairest price its possible to get for work IME. Opened a few years ago...maybe 8?

COMPTON CYCLES in Catford - est 1975 - safe and sound too. When ive had work done there looks like they bring in young apprentices <a good thing

My current local one Deens Garage est 1913 in Beckenham Deens Garage Bike Shop :: Deens Garage - super friendly
1-pi-deens_painting.jpg
They're probably all just a bit too far out of the Brixton-centric catchment area (the guide started off as just around Brixton but is already bloody huge!) but I'll add this thread to the article so people can see your recommendations too. Thanks.

1-pi-deens_painting.jpg

Deens are great.

Get a Grip on Lavender Hill and The London Cycle Workshop on St John's Hill are two good independents who have helped me out with emergency repairs due to snapped chains and punctures - both are a bit closer to Brixton than Nunhead!

Get a Grip on Lavender Hill and The London Cycle Workshop on St John's Hill are two good independents who have helped me out with emergency repairs due to snapped chains and punctures - both are a bit closer to Brixton than Nunhead!
If I ever get a moment I'll add them but I literally spent days finishing this listing and can't face any more updates for a bit!

This took about two days longer than I expected but it's finally up. Please add any shops I've missed out and point out any mistakes.

I'm not working on a guide to local cycling clubs, support groups and racing tracks, and would appreciate any tips.
So far I've got Lambeth Cyclists, Wheels For Wellbeing, Herne Hill Velodrome and Brixton Cycles Club but there must be more. Not sure whether I should include the Grosvenor Cycling Club, han ?

Brixton and South London Guide for Cyclists – all the bike shops, repairs, accessories and bike hire locations
Please do! https://m.facebook.com/grosvenorcycleclub/
People can join the group from this page.

There is the Bike Project shop in Herne hill.

I have bought a bike from them.

Charity for refugees.

At moment not open due to Pandemic . But online shop is open.

They provide bikes for refugees here.

People donate old bikes and they refurbish them to sell or give to refugees.

Back
Top Bottom