Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brazil vs Croatia

When Brazil got there goal I thought that's it for Croatia but they came back and levelled and then they've only gone and beaten Brazil on penalties. Sorry Pele but your boys just weren't good enough.

What does this refer to?
A recent press conference

0_Brazil-cat.png

Yeah, let's all cheer for Croatia, a gritty defensive team whose fans have a history of being sanctioned for racism including as recently as last month
If there's one thing every England fan should know, it's that you can't hold the behaviour of a minority of the fans against everyone else. Whereas the the Brazil TEAM (not fans) are utter cunts.

If there's one thing every England fan should know, it's that you can't hold the behaviour of a minority of the fans against everyone else. Whereas the the Brazil TEAM (not fans) are utter cunts.
It happens all the time when it's England, though. So yes, yes you can. On Urban Seventy Five Dot Net.

Brazil deserved to win that and scored some brilliant goals on the way to this match. And I'm sad to see them go out.

Criticism of racism among their (stadium-going) supporters is perfectly valid of course, but football-wise it is surely more about supporting the little guy regardless of their football excellence.

Nobody seems to have an issue about any of the other supposedly minnow teams winning against the football powerhouses in this competition. It’s more a David vs Goliath situation. And a fully negative, ultra defensive side with no discernible quality is never going to pull the same trick again and again in the same tournament. Not that Croatia has parked the bus here anyway.

Their entire population is 4.5m, which make their performance at most tournaments for the last couple of decades all the more remarkable.

Yes, of course you can. Perhaps I should've said you shouldn't.

I get that you're sad. Albeit I don't understand why, and don't feel the same.

Back
Top Bottom