Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Billericay v Hamlet Women - Sun 26 Nov (FA Cup)

Alex W

We're less than a week away from the Pepper Army (or, for one week only, the "Pepper Armada" cf Erin Corrigan)'s invasion of Billericay, for what will be the women's team's biggest ever away day.

Everyone is more than capable of getting themselves to Billericay of course, but for those wanting to travel en masse, the plan is to get the 11.37am from Liverpool Street to Billericay, and have pints in the Railway Tavern until 1.15pm.

The match is a 2pm kick-off at Billericay's New Lodge ground.

Whether you've been on a Pepper Army away day before, or it's your first time, hope to see YOU there for what will surely be one of the highlights of the season.

We'll be bringing drums and flags, so please bring any other nonsense you think will add to the atmosphere. We want to take over the New Lodge and make it feel like a home game.

How is the Billericay Brewery these days? Went to a Hamlet away day at Billericay years ago that was called off at short notice so I all I ever saw of the place was the station and the brewery...

Last edited:
Bear in mind there are no East Dulwich to London Bridge trains this weekend and the Overground from Denmark Hill isn't running either. (Replacement bus service on both those routes.) Trains from Liverpool Street to Billericay via Stratford are running normally.

I haven't been to the brewery for a few years, I think I gave it a miss last time because it was packed, but the Coach & Horses in the same street is also excellent.

Not sure if we can make it on Sunday but worth noting that Football Web Pages, the BBC and a couple of other sources are listing the kick off time as 1pm for most of the Round 2 games. Billericay's website says 2pm. No information on the DHFC site.

Not sure if we can make it on Sunday but worth noting that Football Web Pages, the BBC and a couple of other sources are listing the kick off time as 1pm for most of the Round 2 games. Billericay's website says 2pm. No information on the DHFC site.
Yeah, this is unhelpfully confusing from those third parties, but the trust have confirmed on Twitter that it's a 2pm kick-off.

Some sports fixture lists bizarrely seem to take no account of the clocks changing and use either GMT or BST all year round, then websites just copy them verbatim without correcting the times, which may be what's happened here.

Their women's Twitter feed has never thought to tweet this before, so it is deeply funny that they decide to do it on the day before our visit.

It doesn't exactly sound like a club brimming with confidence about this game does it?

Still, I'm sure we'll be able to create a boisterous atmosphere without our trusty vuvuzelas

Great atmosphere today and a fabulous performance from the team against an opposition two leagues above. The result could have gone either way.
The referee, certainly merited the chants of "The referee's a Tory".

Disappointing result aside, that was absolutely immense. Thanks to everyone who came along and got stuck in.

It's amazing what the following for the women's team is turning into, and it really is starting to become something special. We're suddenly getting more media and social media interest, which of course has its own momentum and builds interest even higher.

And at the core of everything is the fact that there's simply no one in women's football who has an atmosphere like we have. And that's all down to the brilliant and funny and clever and friendly people who all come along and make it what it is. So thank you!

The next home game is a massive season-defining game against the league leaders. I hope we can bring the same energy that saw us take 200 noisy Hamlet fans to Billericay.

Back
Top Bottom