Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best hand cream recommendations please?

moomoo

Not so yummy mummy
My hands are cracked, split, sore and bleeding from a combination of the weather, excema and and washing up.

I have tried so many hand creams but I can't find one that actually makes any difference whatsoever. :(

Recommendations needed please!

Body shop Hemp hand cream is excellent. I just never remember to use it, or I hate using it because I'm too impatient to sit still for the 5-10 minutes it takes to sink in. But it's really rich and really works well.

Also some other hand creams make the redness and pain flare up on my skin in the short term, almost burn, and this one doesn't.

My hands are cracked, split, sore and bleeding from a combination of the weather, excema and and washing up.

I have tried so many hand creams but I can't find one that actually makes any difference whatsoever. :(

Recommendations needed please!

i got on pretty well with the norwegian formula stuff to fix hands damaged by cleaning chemicals and washing up.

If it's eczema then you should use cream prescribed by your doctor to sort it out :)

But general dry and sore skin I used to use this from the Avon.
image.jpeg
I tried the Nivea ones, and boots own and a couple others, but none really worked longer then 10-20 minutes, the Avon one worked best for me :)

I got into using Rock On balm when I climbed, not a cream as such. It's more of a lump of wax, but it comes in a little stash tin and does the business.

I have been finding Bio-Oil pretty good although it's not really been cold enough yet for my hands to really get bad. Used to use Nutrogena.

I've got some Hemp hand cream from Body Shop. We had two tubes and we've had this current one for years because I only use it when I notice that I need it. It's pretty heavy duty and works really well. Although it's so old they may not do it anymore.

I really don't like Body Shop so if I'm recommending this it must be bloody good :)

Body shop Hemp hand cream is excellent. I just never remember to use it, or I hate using it because I'm too impatient to sit still for the 5-10 minutes it takes to sink in. But it's really rich and really works well.

Also some other hand creams make the redness and pain flare up on my skin in the short term, almost burn, and this one doesn't.
I posted before reading the thread and just saw this :facepalm::D

Thing is for cream to work on your hands you must apply it every single time you wash them, only wash them in certain soaps in the first place, and literally put it on every couple of hours if you haven't washed your hands by then. Only when they start to heal you slow down with it. People assume creams haven't worked but only use it once or twice a day.

Wear gloves when you go in the cold, wear gloves to wash up (kinda tough if you don't like them but it's the only way if they are as you say they are).

Vaseline Intensive Care
300.jpg

Another vote for Aveeno, my hands are a mess at the moment, cracked and sore over the knuckles.
It's from not drying my hands properly but before I go to bed I put loads on so they get a proper soaking over night.

My hands look 30 years older than the rest of me because I can't bear the feel of hand cream, and it gets all over my iPad. I wish they'd do one that soaked in completely, really quickly.
I try to use Neutrogena before bed, but then I can't read my kindle in bed. :mad:

Thing is for cream to work on your hands you must apply it every single time you wash them, only wash them in certain soaps in the first place, and literally put it on every couple of hours if you haven't washed your hands by then. Only when they start to heal you slow down with it. People assume creams haven't worked but only use it once or twice a day.

Wear gloves when you go in the cold, wear gloves to wash up (kinda tough if you don't like them but it's the only way if they are as you say they are).

yeah. when my feet got really bad and itchy, I had to slop cream on them almost on the hour and woke up a couple of times from them itching in the night. took about a week until i could cut that down to every 3-4 hours and now about once or twice a day. but the once or twice a day has been every day for the last 3 years. whether they look like they really need it or not. because if i don't, it takes only a few days to get really bad, and a few weeks to cut back down to once or twice a day.

Emulsifying ointment,cheap as chips any decent dermatologist won't recommend anything else.It's an odd world where paraffin is the best skin conditioner all around.
E2a: use it rather than soap when you wash your hands.

I like skin food by weleda
It's strong and smells nice
And it absorbs in well
It's something g I use more in winter as a pick up for cold dried skin than all year round

Thanks for the recommendations. I did have some of that Hemp hand cream and it was great so I'll get some more of that. :)

The one I'm using ATM is a cheap one from Aldi. I don't recommend it.

Thanks for the recommendations. I did have some of that Hemp hand cream and it was great so I'll get some more of that. :)

The one I'm using ATM is a cheap one from Aldi. I don't recommend it.

I'm glad you've found a solution. For anyone else struggling with dry skin can I recommend la Roche Posay Cicaplast range. Their hand cream is like the Norwegian Formula in consistancy but soaks in really quickly...no smears on my tablet! They even do a cream for very sore damaged skin which is recommended after laser treatment or chemical peel. I'm not going down that route (ouch!) but it's good to have something in my bathroom cupboard in case my skin gets raw. Not cheap but under £10 for a tube. They have a new wash too but I've not got my hands on that yet.
I always keep my eye on Sali Hughes's columns on her website and the Guradian because she suffers from ichthyosis (sp?) and has cracked scaly skin. I often get budget recommendations for high street products from her, although you do have to wade through mentions of products for eye watering prices to get there!

I like Garnier hand repair. It comes in different weights, and is quite cheap.
I once bought some Creme de la Mer hand cream from an angry seller on ebay, who did me over on the postage, and it is truly wonderful. £60 a tube (from shops) though.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom