Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best festival trolley?

Get a fishing trolley. It folds flat for storage and has big wheels for bumpy terrain.

Something like this:

9267.060.jpg

£34.99 btw

After struggling with heavy boxes of booze for years, I bought one of these for this year.

off-roader-festival-trolley-mkii-294-p.jpg

I've not used it yet and it will get its first test next week, but it seems sturdy and importantly for me it packs down to a small size

off-roader-festival-trolley-mkii-%5B2%5D-294-p.jpg

I bought one of those last year, it survived Glastonbury, just about. It's a bit wobbly now but I think it will last one more.

So not hugely impressed, I thought it would be a bit sturdier, but not totally disappointed either.

And ferchrissakes don't get anything with small wheels or that you have to bend over to reach the handle.

Hmmm, tent is new and good, and trolley won't fold and fit in VW Polo, so I think that's out.

Found a heavy duty cheap 100KG foldable sack trolley and a 4 wheel job, both for about £30 with delivery.

I guess it comes down to the size of the small wheel on the trolley, not sure how suitable to rough ground they'll be. Have you had problems with that?

This
Untitled-1Y72-1.jpg

Ive got one of those, they're not great and have quite a few sharp bits on it (thought id mention as you've got kids) I put a hole in my hand and knee whilst very twatted trying to climb over it to get in my tent.

Cheers, reckon that's those two out the window then. Last thing I want is injured kids while trying to have fun.

I think it'll have to be one or two of the folding sack trucks.

The time I fell down a ditch after drinking ten pints of scrumpy and spent the rest of the fessie with concussion....oh, not that sort of trolley... :oops:

Why not just only take what you can carry between you? It's only a weekend ffs!

I've had a trusty sack truck in past years.

Those aluminium trolleys with the plastic axles, will break before you make it out of the car park. and casters? on grass? for get it. you really need pneumatic tyres. This year, i have bought one of those green 4 wheel trolleys and HEAVILY modified it, re-welded axles / properly spaced hubs, replaced the bed with something special ;) (i'll be transporting the kids in it over the weekend too) and made a roof for it.

If you do get one of those green metal trucks or any sack truck, check the nuts are done up tightly (the nuts that hold the two halves of the wheels together on mine were only hand tight), they are put together very cheaply. Check all nuts and bolts and take some spares if you can (and a pump and puncture kit)

Dont forget straps that will keep your stuff on the trolley - not just a couple of bunjees - something that will actually stop your load moving as you bump the cart across a field.

hth

No one seems to have posted a pic of the orange B & Q trolley yet. Strong, metal, big inflatable tyres.

(If this one was buried in a link, apols for missing it).

It's pretty good in our experience :)

Too rushed to find pic now.

I've had a trusty sack truck in past years.

Those aluminium trolleys with the plastic axles, will break before you make it out of the car park. and casters? on grass? for get it. you really need pneumatic tyres.

This^

A sad fact of festival trucking life, is that, unless you have ooodles of spare space in your tent (which would take you longer to find a pitch) the only ones that are strong enough to hold any sort of load across such bumby terrain, are too bulky to be stored in a tent without significantly comprimising your space.

I had a NIGHTMARE on a supposed "80kg" truck the last time I went, and wouldn't touch anything without big pneumatic tyres, AND inch wide tubing throughout. Preferable not aluminuim. Add the grief of trapsing round and round desperately searching for a spot on Thursday morning (along with everyone else (rivals!) scanning the sea of nylon!) and it's a recipe for a bit of a strop that only the freshest if Ciders can cure!

Next time I go, I'm going to bite the bullet and resign to the fact I'll be making 2 trips - 1 with just the tent (and everythign to put it up with), put that up (i.e. get your spot) and then back to the car for everything else, knowing you've got all day to do it and you can be quite relaxed.

Just fucking get some rucksacks. :rolleyes:

I had literally no fucking idea that this was going on, not having ever stayed in nylon city when I've been to a fessie.

*shocked*

I had literally no fucking idea that this was going on, not having ever stayed in nylon city when I've been to a fessie.

*shocked*

I have really dodgy back and joints and therefore not only need something to carry stuff in but need more/bigger stuff.
Like a tent I can stand up in, an air bed, chairs etc.
I just can't sit on the floor, stand stooped over etc all weekend with out being paralysed :(

We ended up not going to a festy last year coz of my back and we couldn't afford better more comfy equipment.

Where do you stay when you go to a festival then? :rolleyes:

I usually kip (if i get any sleeping done) in or near mine or a friend's vehicle. I've never actually been to a fessie where I didn't know anyone with a van or truck, bar my first glasto which began with my being too wasted to climb the fence on the first night, I woke up naked next to my boyfriend in a field full of rare breed goats that was near the fessie site - I managed to wake up fully clothed the other three nights, so all in all a win....

I can't imagine a point where I wouldn't have somewhere a bit more solid than a tent, or at least be able to have my tent right next to someone's vehicle, even if fuel goes up so high that everyone goes horsedrawn.

Aren't there usually people that will take your stuff from the car park for a small fee anyway? :confused:

Why this trolley could be systematic, hydromatic, ultramatic....

fuck, yes. I'm very proud of my truck, was hoping to build some kind of integrated coolbox in the floor, but time didn't allow. If I have the wheels on it tonight, i'll take a pic and post up here :)

*shocked*

Why all the :rolleyes: ?

As you've never had to lug your stuff over 4 or 5 fields trying to find somewhere to camp, I'm not sure why you're telling people that have what to do.

We take a stove/food so we don't have to buy all our meals there. This saves shitloads of money.
I take an airbed-they're pretty heavy. I can't carry a tent, sleeping bag, airbed, food, clothes, wellies etc without a trolley.

And it's 5 days, not a weekend.

The good news is, the green trolley someone posted earlier fits in the car lovely. It doesn't take up that much more room than our sack truck and means that we will only have to do one trip. Hurrah! :cool:

Why all the :rolleyes: ?

As you've never had to lug your stuff over 4 or 5 fields trying to find somewhere to camp, I'm not sure why you're telling people that have what to do.

We take a stove/food so we don't have to buy all our meals there. This saves shitloads of money.
I take an airbed-they're pretty heavy. I can't carry a tent, sleeping bag, airbed, food, clothes, wellies etc without a trolley.

And it's 5 days, not a weekend.

The good news is, the green trolley someone posted earlier fits in the car lovely. It doesn't take up that much more room than our sack truck and means that we will only have to do one trip. Hurrah! :cool:

No, when I've camped I've had to lug it miles up a big hill or mountain. You soon enough learn that past something comfy to sleep on, a cooker, and a few pans and a kettle you don't need much. Larger tents can be split up between the more people that are staying in them....

Like I said can't you just pay some student in a rickshaw to carry it for you?

This is what I've spent the last 2 weekends building...

tumblr_ln0dp8Q9hw1qie72uo1_500.jpg

Gear transport from car parks etc, and kids transport at night. Just gotta finish the roof / windows.

Based on one of those green garden trolleys... all that's left of the trolley is the handle & axles / wheels (both heavily strenghtened)

incroyable

makes me (almost) wish i was 3 years old again. it's beautiful.

too disorganised to order a fishing trolley online before Pilton, i managed to get one of these at B&Q. I couldn't pay fast enough when they told me it was a tenner :cool: Must be end of line stock, as i couldn't find them on their website.
Amtec Sack Truck s5655.jpg

Will make it near impossible for the kids to lose you as well when you're out and about, reckon it could all go a bit Pied Piper if you aren't careful though....

Also don't get spotted towing it about without the wife and kids...

paedobear.png

Back
Top Bottom