Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Berlin photos...

Sorry to resurrect a crusty old thread but I have a question for the Urbs that know Berlin. I've been there a few times but always stayed at the same hostel (the Generator) and breakfast there is always thrown in free.

However my other half and stepson are coming this summer and the hotel she likes has breakfast at a €12 per person per day charge. Were staying in Mitte, though fucked if I can remember the name of the hotel now!

Is €12 per person per day a lot for breakfast there you reckon? In fairness we will stuff our faces! And the boy is totally free.

<snip> Is €12 per person per day a lot for breakfast there you reckon? In fairness we will stuff our faces! And the boy is totally free.
Is there a bakery nearby which does filled rolls, coffee etc? If so, it's not likely to be quite as convenient as the breakfast in the hotel, but it might be a few euros cheaper. If you feel you get your money's worth by paying for the breakfast (and taking rolls etc from it for a packed lunch?) then by all means continue.

Sorry to resurrect a crusty old thread but I have a question for the Urbs that know Berlin. I've been there a few times but always stayed at the same hostel (the Generator) and breakfast there is always thrown in free.

However my other half and stepson are coming this summer and the hotel she likes has breakfast at a €12 per person per day charge. Were staying in Mitte, though fucked if I can remember the name of the hotel now!

Is €12 per person per day a lot for breakfast there you reckon? In fairness we will stuff our faces! And the boy is totally free.

Sounds about right - ideally you would get some hot food for that - sausages / bacon / scrambled eggs. often stay at the Alex - 10 mins from A/platz walk which is great for £45 a night.

And I visited some dead people, here's Hegel's grave

View attachment 59629

View attachment 59630
Seems like as good a date as any from German history to post my pics from a recent trip during which we visited a few graves/memorials of the fallen in the 1848 & 1918 revolutions...

IMG_0537-1_zpsqzvepfnr.jpeg

(the Gedenkstätte der Sozialisten at Zentralfriedhof Friedrichsfelde)

IMG_0538_zpso6vmjnwk.jpeg

(at Zentralfriedhof Friedrichsfelde)

IMG_0542_zpsjowv3qx1.jpeg

IMG_0544_zpszggdlxxy.jpeg

IMG_0554_zpsphuin1iq.jpeg

(at Friedhof der Märzgefallenen in the Volkspark Friedrichshain)

IMG_0555_zps7lp741a5.jpeg

( the "Roter Matrose" memorial figure (added in 1960) at Friedhof der Märzgefallenen in the Volkspark Friedrichshain)

If any Urbz are likely to be in Berlin in the near future I'd highly recommend the exhibition on the 1848/1918 revolutions at the memorial in the Volkspark put on by the FHXB folk.

Highly recommend the Stasi museum if you're in the city. Disturbing obviously, but really well done.

Back
Top Bottom