Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bearded Theory, Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th May 2018 (Late May Bank Holiday w/e)

Slower, but much more discerning sales, than the sold-out-in-under-an-hour thing that we're missing in Swansea on Bearded weekend :)

Look at this Saturday/Sunday lineup -- those are the biggest event headliners of any festival ever held in Swansea ever.

Not at all tempted though. Just look at the 'Prohibited Items' list!! for that event :rolleyes:

We're planning to bring every single one of those naughty things to Bearded.

No exceptions :p ;) :D :thumbs:

" Chairs, stools, floor seating, shooting sticks "
" Flag with poles "

Not for the main stage I hope

No bright hair after all :( But there's a very good reason why! So I won't be so easy to spot but I look forward to seeing you all anyway.

We're all packed, van's all fuelled, watered, sorted! :D
Particularly pleased that I attached the new camping gas cylinder (always fiddly) and tested the (gas) fridge with no problems at all .... And we have bags full of food, more importantly BEER!! and a large flagon of cider ...also cash ... :p

So we can leave (for Hereford, where we'll be staying this evening) about 5 pm -- straight after an early finish at work :cool: :)

Forecast is more annoying now -- plenty of warmth/sunshine :) but the BBC (link above) is showing quite a few showers, particularly Friday :hmm: .... and thunderstorms on Monday morning :eek:

Mostly though the 20s-C temps and sunshine should dry everything up :cool: ... Thursday and Saturday look especially nice :cool:

Things lobbed in the car. Off for our overnight stay in Alfreton tonight. Beer run at nearby Tesco tomorrow, then a gad down the A38 to get there for gates opening! :)

See you all soon. Looking a little like this. Possibly with a touch more colour in my hair.

Come and say hi by all means! Us U75 lot aren't the best at planned meetups :D

Attachments

• 33607977_10155561663437828_4314356032504594432_n.jpg
    33607977_10155561663437828_4314356032504594432_n.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 15
What was the weather like? Did you avoid the worst of the storms over the weekend?

What was the weather like? Did you avoid the worst of the storms over the weekend?

Proper scorchio for the most part. Two storms passed, but overnight and in the early hours so it made no difference. The site dried up amazingly quickly... no mud bath. It rained for about 45mins on Saturday evening (or it could've been Sunday :D), but it was so warm it made no difference. I got drenched as I was only wearing a t-shirt. Nipped into watch a band for half an hour and when I came out it had stopped and I was steaming (in several senses of the word :D)

Proper scorchio for the most part. Two storms passed, but overnight and in the early hours so it made no difference. The site dried up amazingly quickly... no mud bath. It rained for about 45mins on Saturday evening (or it could've been Sunday :D), but it was so warm it made no difference. I got drenched as I was only wearing a t-shirt. Nipped into watch a band for half an hour and when I came out it had stopped and I was steaming (in several senses of the word :D)

Sunday. We headed out to catch bands knowing it was going to chuck it down but it was waaay too sticky to be putting waterproofs on. Plan was to call back to our tent to get changed once the weather broke, and break it did just as we were bouncing to Dubioza Kolektiv. Brilliant timing. Loved it! :D

Getting a taxi from Lichfield TV to the site? Brilliant.
Getting National Express back to London? Well, yeah. Anyway.

Lovely time had by all. I counted three ex' of a well-known urbanite in a 20m radius at one point.

Wouldn't hurry back for a few years, but it was lovely to see Urbs, Pizza Tramp, the Sporadics and some interesting weather.

Back
Top Bottom