Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bearded Theory, Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th May 2018 (Late May Bank Holiday w/e)

William of Walworth

Festographer
R.I.P.
We've just bought tickets (with the help of some cash that with unexpected luck, I won in a work syndicate last week) :cool:

Part of the line up has just been announced -- Jimmy Cliff headlining Sunday :). I'm also delighted that Ruts DC are back, they were fantastic last time they were booked :cool:

There'll be loads more acts to go obviously -- also, read the newsletter in that link and you'll see a few changes, new areas, etc.

I hope plenty of Urban festivalgoers make this one, including a few wanting to try something new?

Bearded has a fantastic friendly, old-school, alternative-friendly atmosphere**. Of all the fests we go to, we'd recommend this one right up there among the best.

**And a huge campervan/live-in vehicle field ;) :cool:

No Glastonbury 2018 ( :( ), so how many might be up for this instead?

BeardedTheory.co.uk

Bearded Theory's Spring Gathering

us too - well, paid the deposit anyway and we managed to persuade some friends to come this time as well. looking forward to sleaford mods and the everly pregnant brothers so far, otherwise line up is a bit meh for me, but i thought that last year and had a wicked time!

Lorca -- as you know, line-up is very incomplete indeed so far, so I have high hopes that you'll enjoy the fest just as much in 2018 as 2017 :cool: :)

definitely, i'd pretty much enjoy it whoever was playing and i'm pleased to see a comedy tent added as well. if the main line up is not my thing, i'll spend more time in the maui waui tent, which i keep meaning to do anyway.

looks like we're getting the festival bug, hoping to go to the green gathering, surplus fest if its on and possibly shrewsbury folk festival this year too :cool:. we're also buying a new tent we can stand up in, since ours got trashed by drunken hooligans!

surplus fest if its on

We're confident that Surplus will be back in 2018, because they seem to have a reliably good site sorted now, here in South Wales :) :cool:

See ya there :D :p :)

We've never been to Surplus, because their date is generally too soon after exhausting ourselves :hmm: working and playing at Glastonbury ( :) :cool: but also :eek:. )

Not next year though ;)

Magical Sounds line-up now announced :)

Plus also they start the above link by saying :

Bearded Theory said:
The line ups across all our stages are almost complete and we will be announcing the remaining Pallet and Woodland headliners along with the remaining names within a month. We can’t yap on about it just yet due to clauses in contracts and that type of thing. We are really delighted with what we have booked and hope you will be as well.

:)

more names added, inc Jake Bug, Therapy, UK Subs etc. Not my thing really, but Mik Artistik and Idles should be good. Still going to be brilliant, I can feel it in me bones! Anyone know the name of the headliner that pulled out, I'm guessing Happy Mondays maybe?

It's a massive coup for BT I think. I was initially a bit meh about it tbh but definitely willing to give him a listen and I'm massively warming to it for sure. My partner, on the other hand is less enamoured, thinks he built his mythology on misogyny - maybe entirely unfairly, but based on the lurid 70's groupie tales I think. No doubting his significance as an artist though. I don't know enough about it, I was never a fan though I used to work with his niece and she said he's an alright bloke, though tighter than a gnat's chuff! (her words not mine!)

I'm more that a little chuffed about this. There was no way I could justify paying £70 per ticket when he played Newcastle City Hall last year, but for a few coppers more, I can spend a whole weekend in a field AND see Percy! :)

I must have a look at the Cabaret tent this year and have a proper go at the dance tent. I get a bit more confident about dancing every year and I'm a closet dancer but have told myself this year I gotta throw some shapes. I dearly hope the cheesy vinyl place is here again this year and I can go on another date there :D I'm absolutely ready for this although I've got to start planning supplies!

Beer tent lineup now announced :cool: :D

Bearded Theory said:
The line up that you have been waiting for! Thornbridge Brewery also have daily ciders on rotation. (Remember the Woodland Bar also have their own beer festival selling upwards of 20 different real & craft ales, local and different lagers and 20 different ciders on rotation over the weekend). All glasses and straws being used onsite in 2018 are compostable

List for main beer tents :

30697668_1779968615416093_428712129269334016_n.png

They've always had good choices of beers and ciders. Plenty to get through but a 10% brew, there'll be some serious headaches with that.

Two weeks today I'll have my festival hair done ready for Bearded! If urbs can't spot me with that then you need to go to Specsavers :D

Back
Top Bottom