Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bake Off 2022

MrSki

Who am I to say you're wrong
Never watched it before but know Compost Carole so thought I would tune in.

Was quite good but is it always an 90 minutes?

Still chuffed that Carole made it through the first round. Had a quick chat with her in Sainsbury's earlier &she is a bit overwhelmed by social media interest.

Anyone else watch it? & please add your thoughts on this year's pick.

It's extra long because it came from the BBC where it was a standard 57m, but now on C4 it has to accomodate commercials -the correct decision on C4's part. The repeats of earlier series shown in one hour timeslots on channel 746 etc are cut to shreds to make way for the usual ads for funeral insurance and cat shelters. Haven't watched it yet, usually save it for Thursday.

Watched the first ep last night (I completely forgot about it last week), and for the first time in a decade (started watching mid-series three) I don't think I care about it any more, and this empty thread suggests I'm not alone...

I’m enjoying it but it takes me a while to get invested and learn names.

The bloke last night who I think won the garibaldi challenge pissed me off. He noticed two of them didn’t know what feathering was and chose not to tell them. I know it’s a competition but that was shitty.
If I’d done that I definitely wouldn’t have talked about it either.

I’m enjoying it but it takes me a while to get invested and learn names.

The bloke last night who I think won the garibaldi challenge pissed me off. He noticed two of them didn’t know what feathering was and chose not to tell them. I know it’s a competition but that was shitty.
If I’d done that I definitely wouldn’t have talked about it either.
Yes I thought that! Wanker.

Same here. I’m Team Maxy at the moment but that may change. My heart was breaking for Carole last night though.

I just loved the Polish bloke in the first week excitedly phoning home to say he'd made 'caker of the bake week.'

I like the lady with the pink hair and thought everyone was an arsehole about the feathers - Paul Hollywood included . Language barrier, not baking know-how at fault there but of course it didn't stop him getting all patronising about it, the twat. Go on Malaysian Bake Off and see how you get on, Paul. And stay there, while you're at it.

I just loved the Polish bloke in the first week excitedly phoning home to say he'd made 'caker of the bake week.'

I like the lady with the pink hair and thought everyone was an arsehole about the feathers - Paul Hollywood included . Language barrier, not baking know-how at fault there but of course it didn't stop him getting all patronising about it, the twat. Go on Malaysian Bake Off and see how you get on, Paul. And stay there, while you're at it.
Also, they deliberately leave information off those recipes. Of course people will sometimes interpret words literally.

“It’s not what we asked for”. It was. It just wasn’t what you expected. Cunt.

Yeah, a bit crap this week. The black bloke does my nut in, quite like kilt bloke, polish bloke and pink hair lady. This week other Scottish bloke did my swede in

I quite fancy trying a sandwich cake (eating rather than making). But yeah annoyingly un-technical. They didn't explain important bread points like why PH was objecting to people's kneading technique, or what Syabira was doing combining sourdough starter with yeast.

That, and winning the technical, I reckon. Though when Pru was trying to go easy on him I thought she must have spotted the trousers 🤣

Back
Top Bottom