Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Babylon On TV

El Jefe

.. the Rural Juror
the legendary Babylon gets what I suspect may be only its second ever TV airing on Sunday night (midnight, BBC2)

Fantastic movie.

http://www.uncarved.org/babylon

babylon_xxl_04.jpg

you can buy it legit now, rather than a dodgy VHS copy taped off the tv from the last time it was shown. all the licensing stuff is resolved

Yeah just checked out the link above! Last time I looked into this it was VHS copies...ordered for a fiver from Amazon. :cool:

"babylon" on the telly?! nice one:DPerfect end of the weekend film,as for the DVD Sounds of the Universr/Soul JAZZ records have got it for sale on thier site.The soundtrack albums an absolute corker aswell

LOL! Yeah I figured...bit of personal family history. Dennis Bovell is an old friend of my Dad (my Dad was also the manager of Matumbi in which Dennis played). :cool:

Bovell is great - he's been interviewed for two pieces in the new issue of Woofah. Proper legend and a great guy by all accounts.

Cool. Matumbi were great

:) they were indeed.

i've tried to get my boys to watch this and they haven't been interested but my big lad texted to say he'll be watching it. why not just watch my dvd :confused: wierdo.

anyway, fab film. and realistic imo.

you can buy it legit now, rather than a dodgy VHS copy taped off the tv from the last time it was shown.
The dvd copy I saw recently had been restored and remastered, so looked and sounded great.

Caught this film at an independent cinema when it was released. A film that reflects well the harsh reality of Britain for a lot of black youth at the time and one I'll be watching again with interest this Sunday.

I've wanted to see this film for ages and i just KNOW I will forget to record/watch it. Hopefully this thread might remind me.

Back
Top Bottom