Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are there any techno/electronic music festivals left?

Fez909

toilet expert
I've just been having a look at this year's festival line up and it's pretty dire if you like electronic music. Am I missing an obvious candidate?

Something along the lines of Bloc or Glade is what I'm after.

Freerotation, but that's invite only. There's a few small ones, but I think once they get past a certain size they end up having more of a range of music cause techno for a whole weekend is pretty niche.

Yeah. Quite a few of them are mainly geared towards 'dance music' but may have a few bands thrown in. Boomtown and Beatherder are like that.

I've heard a lot of good things about Gottwood. Line up

Just can't bring myself to do a London festival. Just too quiet for my liking.

there is a pretty heavily geared towards dance music called lost village given its location a extremely good line up some weekend tickets available and day tickets bank holiday weekend though.

Noisily is supposed to be great. If I was that into it I would pop over the water and go to Frenchtek. Tons of rigs.

Love4live. Just house and techno. Small, really laid back and an older crowd, but my favorite weekend of the year.

Check out their fb page. They had a couple of cancellation tickets left last week. it normally sells out in a week or two

These look great, thanks.
Freerotation, but that's invite only.
How to get an invite?
I've heard a lot of good things about Gottwood. Line up

Just can't bring myself to do a London festival. Just too quiet for my liking.
Also looks great but too soon and sold out anyway. To be expected asking about this at such a late stage, I suppose.
there is a pretty heavily geared towards dance music called lost village given its location a extremely good line up some weekend tickets available and day tickets bank holiday weekend though.
Looks pretty good :thumbs:
Love4live. Just house and techno. Small, really laid back and an older crowd, but my favorite weekend of the year.

Check out their fb page. They had a couple of cancellation tickets left last week. it normally sells out in a week or two

How to get an invite?
it looks difficult - you need to know someone who already goes who will vouch for you, then you need to enter a lottery in April (so it's already gone).

Mixed feelings about the idea tbh - the best parties I've ever been to were invite only, but there's a lack of inclusivity that goes with it that's grating, and no doubt they can be insular and cliquey. Worth asking about for next year tho..

Noisily is spawned off the back of glade apparently, Ive got some friends who go, but its very psy trance orientated.

I believe lost village is spawned off the back of shindig, which I always thought tended toward dnb, but honestly I've never been..... I'm only making this association because the guy who use to spam me and our rig page relentlessly about shindig, now spams me relentlessly about lost village festival.

I normally get my techno fix at boomtown and bangface weekender. You'll normally get a bit at boomtown, I remember seeing truss play last year and chris liberator (iirc).

Bangface had a good amount this year, ben pest, the mover, perc and truss all one after the other was the best techno dance I've had in ages.....

I'm working all that bloody weekend on nights so guess where I will be hiding when there is no work to do ;) Would have loved to have seen Ben Klock

Noisily is spawned off the back of glade apparently, Ive got some friends who go, but its very psy trance orientated.

I believe lost village is spawned off the back of shindig, which I always thought tended toward dnb, but honestly I've never been..... I'm only making this association because the guy who use to spam me and our rig page relentlessly about shindig, now spams me relentlessly about lost village festival.

I normally get my techno fix at boomtown and bangface weekender. You'll normally get a bit at boomtown, I remember seeing truss play last year and chris liberator (iirc).

Bangface had a good amount this year, ben pest, the mover, perc and truss all one after the other was the best techno dance I've had in ages.....
Looking at the dj line up its all over the spectrum and this festival has been growing exponentially each year and the dance line up is very impressive to include all some of the dj line up =
Âme (Live)
  • Dan Ghenacia
artists-basecamp-header.png

artists-burialground-header.png

artists-abandoned-chapel-header.png

Back
Top Bottom