Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Arcadia Bristol

bit fucked off about it tbh.

it's very expensive, meaning that unless you have £100 + bf + booze + travel etc as a couple to blow on about 5 hrs entertainment it's well out of your price range.

it's also over 18's only, which is a real shame because it was supposed to be a 'inclusive event' for Bristol ... and I asked Arcadia when they first started muttering about it and they said it was child freidnly - clearly not :rolleyes:

so yeah .. meh.

Weirdly it no longer says over 18 all over it, it now says under 16's need an adult - there's no cheaper price for kids though :mad:

Yeah I think I'm gonna knock the idea on the head..... its overpriced and its not like I've never seen arcadia before

Somethings aren't ideal in this.

I think the venue is driving a bunch of factors. The square means limited capacity... means ticket cost inflates. It's a stupidly expensive stage to build. A rental stage, like you see pretty much anywhere else, takes 10 guys and gals to put up. If that. The build crew for Arcadia, at say Glastonbury, must be 100, maybe a lot more.

The Bristol gig is 4pm to 11. Yes seven hours, but that's not long.

The starting price of £25 would be ok in my book, at least by London standards. And for a family friendly event, they should have done a discount for kids.

The final tier of £45 looks a bit ouch though.

If it had been more of an all-dayer, more hours with bigger capacity, they could have charged less and offered more.

Maybe central bristol wasn't the right place. It will be epic to have the Spider in a city, but it's a complicated beast and needs many (small) paying minions to make it's web. hmm.

Ashton Court with say 5k capacity would have made for stretchier hours, cheaper tickets.

No idea whether that was an option for them.

Still hugely excited, but understanding those who aren't.

Last edited:
£45 is too much - I wouldn't get there til at least 6, so it's 5 hours, over cramped and there's not even any acts announced. Might still go and check it out from the other side of the fence :D

£45 is too much - I wouldn't get there til at least 6, so it's 5 hours, over cramped and there's not even any acts announced. Might still go and check it out from the other side of the fence :D

Yeah i've got a ticket now :oops:

Back
Top Bottom