Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

app creator wysiwyg

mr steev

magic thought wizard
I'd like to create a simple app for work so we can digitally do our daily safety checks - a check list basically, but accessible to someone who is slightly visually impaired, and with an ability to take photos and send email alerts.
Is their some sort of simple wysiwyg app creator available? I'm not completely computer iliterate, but very out of date (when coding was still called programing!) The last stuff I probably did was using Dreamweaver to create websites, so ideally I'm after something similar with templates and minimal coding. Money is a bit tight, but don't mind paying for something if it does the trick and it's not silly money.

Not really. AI stuff is getting close, but without some development experience you will probably get stuck.

There are some advanced automation type apps on Android which might be able to get you close to what you need, depending on the actual requirements.

Tasker is one that I can think of.

Yes there is sorta

Appinventor

It's basically scratch for app development

Just add some check boxes and labels

Might not do everything 100% but you can at least knock up something fairly quickly with some very basic coding knowledge.

I use it to teach simple programming stuff to complete beginners

Last edited:
There are some advanced automation type apps on Android which might be able to get you close to what you need, depending on the actual requirements.

Tasker is one that I can think of.
This approach will probably get you a slicker more feature rich solution than the diy method.

I'd like to create a simple app for work so we can digitally do our daily safety checks - a check list basically, but accessible to someone who is slightly visually impaired, and with an ability to take photos and send email alerts.
Is their some sort of simple wysiwyg app creator available? I'm not completely computer iliterate, but very out of date (when coding was still called programing!) The last stuff I probably did was using Dreamweaver to create websites, so ideally I'm after something similar with templates and minimal coding. Money is a bit tight, but don't mind paying for something if it does the trick and it's not silly money.

Is this to be used on a tablet or phone?

If so, then IFTTT - Automate business & home may be worth a look, or even the free Shortcuts app if using iOS.

To be accessible for the visually impaired person it will need to respect any text size settings they may use and/or respond to pinch zoom (assuming they just have low vision and aren't for instance colour blind). Will also need to use a decent amount of contrast between text/graphic objects and background.

I would like to think that MS Power Apps should be reasonably accessibility focused as MS are usually quite good but you never know. I would not bother with any solution which has no accessibility statement on its website and bog all in any FAQ or documentation.

It will be on a tablet.

Cheers for the advice folks. I think the MS one looks most promising. I'll have a proper look next week 🙂
I was going to suggest that along with asking could Microsoft or Google Forms do what you need? Assuming your tablets are online/have mobile data or that the form can be submitted when WiFi is available again, of course.

Back
Top Bottom