Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Aphex Twin, SAW2

Karl Masks

Birds Angel Delight
One minute it's like Alan's Hot Bath ("I've read some terrible statistics about people dying in baths")

The next it's nightmare fuel.

What gives? How do you listen to this and ever hope to relax?

A third of this is lovely stuff. The rest is fear inducing terror.

I have never reconciled this album. It is very interesting. I'm not RDJ's biggest fan, tbh. I think he's a bullshitter. But some of hist stuff is really quite good.

I prefer SAW85-92, and Surfing on Sine Waves for that matter, but I'll give SAW2 a listen from time to time. I usually appreciate it, rather than enjoy it.

You definitely have to be in the right frame of mind for it. I agree with Stavros about SAW 85-92.His soundcloud dump from a few years back is probably what I listen to most or the Caustic Window compilation.

You definitely have to be in the right frame of mind for it. I agree with Stavros about SAW 85-92.His soundcloud dump from a few years back is probably what I listen to most or the Caustic Window compilation.
Is there a link to that dump? I think i tried finding it but found it had been subsequently taken down. Is it ambient stuff or the later acidy glitchy stuff?

Get high beforehand?
Problem with seeing Aphex live is that any stage/tent he performs on/in is always rammed. Last two times for me were L.E.D. and Field Day. The FD one was a 10,000 person tent and it was uncomfortable for me to be in there tbh. I always have good intentions about seeing him whilst high, but those plans go right out of the window when you see the reality of the crowd in front of you. I probably wouldn't've cared about that when I was younger, but nowadays...

It is a bit unsettling sometimes ... Though I currently struggle to find peace through music of any kind ...
There was a long period where I used Global Communication's album on loop to get to sleep...

It is a bit unsettling sometimes ... Though I currently struggle to find peace through music of any kind ...
There was a long period where I used Global Communication's album on loop to get to sleep...
Pete Namlook urban meditation is excellent for sleeping 😴

Back
Top Bottom