Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone recently had "Google Now Launcher" cause grief on an old Android phone ?

gentlegreen

I hummus, therefore I am ...
Elderly Motorola so short on storage but I've filled it up before without that particular issue ..
I seem to have shut it up by being brutal with uninstalling some apps..
Apparently it's part of the build so I can't get rid of it and clearly any Pixel-ly version is not going to run on Android 7 ...
I'm not an intensive phone user so was hoping to squeeze another year out of it.

Elderly Motorola so short on storage but I've filled it up before without that particular issue ..
I seem to have shut it up by being brutal with uninstalling some apps..
Apparently it's part of the build so I can't get rid of it and clearly any Pixel-ly version is not going to run on Android 7 ...
I'm not an intensive phone user so was hoping to squeeze another year out of it.

If you don't need to do things like online banking you could try rooting it and installing a custom rom without it.

It's been some years since I've done this, so not sure what's currently regarded as the best for old phones.

I'd try Lawnchair and Nova.

Also, does anyone know if Google Go apps are still a thing? They brought out a bunch of lightweight apps for phones in emerging markets or summat. They were all less bloaty. If they are still about, you could replace some apps to save space.

The weird thing is I never knew of its existence before.
YT started crashing and stalling and rebooting - and when I looked at the apps window, there was this green app ..
It seems OK now - though everything is still a bit slow ...
This phone was a lemon out of the box - phantom touchscreen - repaired once under warranty, but failed again so I have to run the screen at half brightness and "discharge" the touch matrix to stop it launching random apps and typing random letters...

Back
Top Bottom