Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone got experience dobbing somewhere in to HSE?

muscovyduck

Good IT skills and food hygiene competent
As per the title really. I'm tempted to contact the HSE about my old workplace, although I'm not sure how clear cut it is that the HSE has a remit there because the organisation I worked for is so confusing and deliberately set up to dodge as much regulation as possible. If I'm going to do it, I want to be as effective as possible with the least amount of effort. And also stay anonymous.

I'm interested in stories you all have about either complaining yourself or watching it play out when someone else has complained?

I've not reported directly to the HSE but have used their guidance to ensure suitable working conditions for post-grad students (not for a long time).

The other times was when there was a serious accident at a work site but it was so serious they basically came and started an investigation straight away. I left that organisation before the outcome was known.

The investigations take a lot of time, it's not an overnight thing.

When making your complaint be as specific and as detailed as possible, dates, times, events, people involved. If possible say what you think may have been breached but make it clear why it's a dangerous working practice.

Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom