Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone else having issues with Firefox 100.0.1 on old hardware (64 bit W7pro 4GB) ?

gentlegreen

I hummus, therefore I am ...
I have a shitty bedside laptop running W7 pro and only 4 GB RAM and it's a nightmare the first time I use it after I periodically reboot it (takes ages to load my standard two tabs - Urban and Youtube - mostly I "hibernate" and it's bearable.)
This latest Firefox update appears to be the final straw - frequent "not responding" and jittery video ...

OK I changed the power plan to "high performance" as I did with my desktop and it may have helped.
I wish I'd nicked a SODIMM out of the junk bin at work before I retired ...

Interesting. I accepted Firefox's suggestion to block nasty tracking cookies and it promptly wiped all of my saved logins (including my tax one, thanks for that Firefox) and now seems to be having trouble going to webpages like any programme I select on Amazon Prime Video. Just seems to hang there...

Bloody Windows Moviemaker won't work with my phone's videos, so I googled "free video editor" and learned that Windows 10 has one built-in.
But it won't recognise those files either and I was directed at a better-featured one - "sorry won't work with Firefox - Chrome or Edge either ...

And yesterday Mr, Fothergill's seeds website won't work with FF either ...

It's at version 100 now? lol. And still shit.

i'm on version 102 and a bit - no particular issues here (dubious version of W10), although finding some websites no longer seem to work fully on firefox.

don't really want to go chrome full time because google

i'm on version 102 and a bit - no particular issues here (dubious version of W10), although finding some websites no longer seem to work fully on firefox.

I used to use chrome for video but it was shit - have they fixed it ?

That’s why I use Vivaldi as well as FF. It uses Chrome's engine, but with none of Google's associated crap.

Back
Top Bottom