Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone built a shed?

These look like good quality and value. Get an extra window for light. Plenty of budget to make the base and insulate it. Look at machine mart website for affordable wood burners.

Reactions: izz
Minor bump :D

I needs me a woman cave in the garden. Garden is sloping so will need leveling or a base built to compensate. I want it insulated and with a wood burner.

To be used for painting etc. so must have good natural light.

Hints, tips, advice, ideas, recommendations on good shed suppliers and builders please, Somerset area.
My booth garden office was 10k. Can't wood burn in it, but it's got floor to ceiling windows for good light (I have blinds that fully open or slide up or down at any night). I went for this over wood because I would not have to maintain it, it can be moved or sold if I really have to, long life. . . Plus another bonus is that they will build and level it on a wonky surface themselves (though mine went on flat concrete)

Great service, great after care.
Been using mine as work office during the pandemic.

SO ! Can I ask how much this puppy cost you in the end ? And did you do all the work yourself ? (Don't feel obliged to reply if you're shy :D )
It was £3050 - but that was with a discount they were running from these guys: Lifelong Steel Sheds who make them themselves.

I had an existing concrete foundation that I had to extend by about two foot on two sides. I dug that out with young A319 but got someone I know with a mixer to do the cement which cost me £200.

The shed company assembled it on site, three guys took a bit under four hours, which I thought was pretty good going.

I did the lining myself with my son. The end with the door is proper sandwich insulation but the rest is expanded polystyrene boards with the walls further covered in silver roll insulation. The foam is fitted with grip adhesive and the roll with tape. The wall with no shelves has plywood over the top. Not sure exactly what that cost as I bought it in batches but I doubt there was much change from £400. It took me and my son theee shortish days.

The wiring I had kicking about the house apart from a 5ft long LED daylight strip light which is so bright it attracts UFOs and was something ridiculous like £40.

Back
Top Bottom