Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone been to Cannes?

I love Cannes, what dates are you going?

I've been many times in Sept/Oct for the TV market and often in the Spring too. Restaurants and hotels get well busy during any trade show dates but it does mean there are plenty of cafes, bars and eateries all over town so you can eat and drink at a reasonable price most times as long as you don't go to the big fancy ones on the croisette or around the marina.

I recommend going for a wander up into the old town and finding a restaurant or two up there, if the weather is good you can eat outside and people watch. The beach furthest away from the Palais at the end of the Croisette is my favorite and gets least busy without going too far from town. There are loads of shops along the rue d'antibes, an open market, and a monoprix somewhere. It's very easy to get by in English because its such an international town.

Don't really know Cannes, but if you can get away, Port Grimaud was quite nice for a little round. If you fancy watching oversized people get a tan on their oversized boats while drinking coffee at €20 a cup, you could always head down to St Tropez, which is just a tiny twee town.

Back
Top Bottom