Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Any decent (affordable) parties happening this NYE in London?

Sherlock51

'ello ladies and gents. Hope you all had a spiffing Christmas!

My wife and I are around London this NYE and are on the hunt for a party.

We have no plans currently as we weren't expecting to be in london!

My other half is keen on swing music. Does anyone know of anything swing-related and affordable happening in the capital ?

And if not that, anything else affordable and of interest to the wider Urban75 population?

Merry Xmas to the lot of ya! X

I think there's a massive swing party planned for a disused warehouse in Deptford, should be banging.

Rivoli Ballroom was my first thought too. If you want something that goes later than 1am, there's always the Vintage thing at the South Bank, but it's something crazy like £100 a ticket and the reviews of past events have been mixed to put it mildly.

If you want to warm up for NYE by going out on Friday night, then there's my soul night at The Phoenix, near Oxford Circus. No swing, but plenty of northern soul, Motown, 60s girl groups, plus a bit of rock'n'roll/r&b too.

great big kiss, friday 30th, the phoenix, cavendish square, london w1, motown, northern soul, girl groups, rock n roll club night

Well that was a top party up in Manor House behind New River studios, anyone Urbanites there ?

Warlock & Jerome hill in fine form et al.

Something like this at the Rivoli Ballroom perhaps?

I'm going to something nr Manor Hse that other Urbanites probably know about but it's probably not your cup of tea.

Bboy was clearly joking Sherlock.
Cheers for the heads up on this mate. Ended up having a pretty brief one, watched fireworks on Thames. Had major plans for pagan festivities in the north east that were cut short. Anyway, fun was had.

Hope to catch up with you crazy cats some time! Anyone seeing Congo Natty this weekend in Brixton? x

Back
Top Bottom