Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Any Burnt Oak, Edgware folk there? :)

Butcher_3rd_Son

Hi all,

I'm from NW London born and raised Edgware, Burnt Oak. I'm now 36 and living in Dorset last 7 years. I want to reconnect a bit with the my old roots and chat to some people from the Edgware and surrounding areas like Hendon, Kingsbury, Colindale Mill Hill etc :)

Say hello and let's chat :)

Hello!
I have woken up at both stations on the last tube :facepalm: so I was familiar with the nearest taxi rank :cool:

Plus, I love Dorset, have been there on Holiday numerous times:cool:

lol You just reminded me of something I forgot. When I worked in London and lived in Burnt Oak, I didn't really have to worry about falling asleep on the way home from the city :)

Apart from packed trains... happy days my friend :)

I have spent some time around there, not least a few seasons ago when my football club had Barnet's 'The Hive' on Camrose Avenue as one of our home pitches.

Our Cricklewood and Kilburn included in the thread catchment area? Nights out in these areas were standard for my school pals and I.

Do you have any Irish in you? Plenty in the areas you mention:)

I would have probably gone to watch Barnet more when they moved to Camrose because Edgware FC was gone by then, and I was gone to Dorset by then :) Yeah all those areas but I didn't get to them much. Was the night club Middlesex & Hearts (aka Middlesex & Tarts) in Kilburn? ;) Or am I wrong!

Only Irish I heard of was on my Dads mothers side. Bit of Gypsy blood but I don't know much about it. Lots of Jews in Edgware but they didn't go Edgware School :)

I would have probably gone to watch Barnet more when they moved to Camrose because Edgware FC was gone by then, and I was gone to Dorset by then :) Yeah all those areas but I didn't get to them much. Was the night club Middlesex & Hearts (aka Middlesex & Tarts) in Kilburn? ;) Or am I wrong!

Only Irish I heard of was on my Dads mothers side. Bit of Gypsy blood but I don't know much about it. Lots of Jews in Edgware but they didn't go Edgware School :)

Hearts and Tarts was in Harrow somewhere, IIRC. Only went twice and once involved a long walk home after a fumble:D

Kilburn - The National
Cricklewood - Ashtons and The Galtymore

A couple of my Sunday side played for Edgware.

I'm not sure about Burnt Oak or Edgware but Colindale is one big building site at the moment.

The British Library was bulldozed a few months back and flats are now being built on its site, the hospital next to the Tube station went a number of years back and hundreds of flats have been built there.

The police training college is now empty (It was used as a location last year for the Age of Ultron film) and will be cleared for flats, schools and shops in the next couple of years.

More flats going up near the RAF museum.

Apart from that, Colindale is its usual boring self :)

I lived and grew up in Burnt Oak. Went to Goldbeaters and Orange Hill before moving to Bermondsey.

Hearts and Tarts was in Harrow somewhere, IIRC. Only went twice and once involved a long walk home after a fumble:D

lol. A fumble you never forgot ;) I bet your married like me now with a child. Where did it all go wrong.... Oh no I meant right. Where did it all go right :)

Harrow I used to have a good drink. Was the Firkin on the corner that changed to the Junction? Then that tiny night club called trinity. You couldn't avoid touching the girls arse in the it was so small. That's why I went again :)

We used to get a coach from The Hendon pub for Destiny nightclub in Watford on a sat night. All it cost was the price of entry and a free ride there and back. And walk straight in with the driver, no queuing :oops:)))

I'm not sure about Burnt Oak or Edgware but Colindale is one big building site at the moment.

The British Library was bulldozed a few months back and flats are now being built on its site, the hospital next to the Tube station went a number of years back and hundreds of flats have been built there.

The police training college is now empty (It was used as a location last year for the Age of Ultron film) and will be cleared for flats, schools and shops in the next couple of years.

More flats going up near the RAF museum.

Apart from that, Colindale is its usual boring self :)

Sad to hear about Colindale. I must have passed it thousands of times on the tube and I did go into Colindale on and off over the years. I had a couple of mates their. A good friend works at the RAF museum.

So the old famous police college at gone now :( I remember talking to some bird on a lads holiday in Greece. She was from up North and was telling me she was due to start at that Police College for 18 months training. What do they do now then?

Flats for London access I assume :(

I lived and grew up in Burnt Oak. Went to Goldbeaters and Orange Hill before moving to Bermondsey.

Snap. Grew up Burnt Oak birth to 23 years old and went Goldbeaters. We used to go Woodcroft junior school but the old man kicked down the head mistress door so we had to leave lol. True story I'm afraid. I don't share the old mans short fuse thank god lol.

What year was you there? I was there around 1987 I make it.

Colindale nick and Grahame Park :(

lol. I reported a phone missing in Colindale Nick I think. Never attended it's cells :) I had a lot of mates on Grahame park estate. There's an Eastenders soap story on the net. Apparently they had to shut down filming due to kids threatening to cut the crews throats lol. Shouldn't laugh but if you know Grahame Park it won't surprise you :)

Where in Dorset are you? I might be moving to Weymouth soon

Over 7 years I have lived Wimborne, Canford Health in Poole, Bournemouth (Southbourne). All close to each other.

Weymouth is fine but pick the right area. Lots of homes there for socially excluded young people and adult offenders places. I'm very close to Boscombe in Southbourne but the 2 areas are totally different. Boscombe is called by some the "drugs capital of the South". I walked home through Boscombe many Saturday nights after a shift at 11pm and never had trouble so don't be to put of about Weymouth by my words. Just be careful where you go I would say. Beautiful beach there. Packed in summer.

Over 7 years I have lived Wimborne, Canford Health in Poole, Bournemouth (Southbourne). All close to each other.

Weymouth is fine but pick the right area. Lots of homes there for socially excluded young people and adult offenders places. I'm very close to Boscombe in Southbourne but the 2 areas are totally different. Boscombe is called by some the "drugs capital of the South". I walked home through Boscombe many Saturday nights after a shift at 11pm and never had trouble so don't be to put of about Weymouth by my words. Just be careful where you go I would say. Beautiful beach there. Packed in summer.
Looking for somewhere in town centre / harbour / marina area - planning to keep my boat there too

"Drugs capital of the south" you say :hmm:

The BBC News report once called Boscome the drugs capital of the South. Being a Support Worker in Boscombe, the police I dealt with felt that was probably true. As your thinking of Weymouth that's a long way from here anyway :)

Jeremy Kyle keeps saying to his addicted guests "We are sending you to Bournemouth" Cheers mate lol. Only messing. As a Support Worker trying to help, I also had some great laughs with the addicts :)

Snap. Grew up Burnt Oak birth to 23 years old and went Goldbeaters. We used to go Woodcroft junior school but the old man kicked down the head mistress door so we had to leave lol. True story I'm afraid. I don't share the old mans short fuse thank god lol.

What year was you there? I was there around 1987 I make it.

I left Burnt Oak in 1990 but left Goldbeaters in 1981.

The BBC News report once called Boscome the drugs capital of the South. Being a Support Worker in Boscombe, the police I dealt with felt that was probably true. As your thinking of Weymouth that's a long way from here anyway :)

Jeremy Kyle keeps saying to his addicted guests "We are sending you to Bournemouth" Cheers mate lol. Only messing. As a Support Worker trying to help, I also had some great laughs with the addicts :)
I've done rehab in Weston-super-Mare, from what I've heard it's much the same as Bournemouth :) Both places have got like 30 or more rehabs

Walking round Weston-super-Mare was 'spot the other rehab casualties' :D

lol. I reported a phone missing in Colindale Nick I think. Never attended it's cells :) I had a lot of mates on Grahame park estate. There's an Eastenders soap story on the net. Apparently they had to shut down filming due to kids threatening to cut the crews throats lol. Shouldn't laugh but if you know Grahame Park it won't surprise you :)

Back when BMX took off in the early 80s, we used to ride our bikes all over Graham Park, sometimes there were 40 or 50 of us. We used to meet on the MOD side near the big adventure playground next to the pond. Can't remember what we called that place. Used to get chased by the MPs quite often.

Back
Top Bottom