Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Another interesting pub: The Golden Heart, Spitalfields E1

editor

hiraethified
The beer selection isn't that good but it's anything but a bland chain pub, with a suitably eccentric landlady! I loved it.

Exceptionally popular ex-Trumans pub, often packed. Excellent interwar building and interior, in two completely separate bars, although the public bar on the right used to be further divided. Period features include wood panelling on the walls and under the bar, gilt Trumans lettering around the top, brick fireplaces. One of the Inter-War pubs listed in 2015.

I don't think I've visited a small pub that has two entirely separate bars with different doors either!

Brilliant little boozer, great Guinness and the landlady's lovely. Always have a couple of pints when im working in the area. The Pride of Spitalfields ( 5 mins away ) is another good one. Decent, cheap beer & food. Although i normally hit Al Badar on brick lane after a few beers for chicken chilli massalla.

This pub is just round the corner from my place and I love it. It's just about the last bar in the area which makes no attempt to be trendy. No hipster beers, no artisan bar food, just an everyday pub with regular bar drinks, basic furniture and a very decent selection of music coming out of the speakers. There's a couple of Tracey Emin pieces on the walls and Gilbert and George have been known to pop in sometimes as they live round the corner.

The landlady Sandra has been there for over 40 years!

Back
Top Bottom