Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

anime summer 2010

summer-2010-v2-export.jpg

personal thoughts

Ookami-san
an light hearted comedy with characters roughly based on fairy tales (little red riding hood and urashima taro)
i'm enjoying this one but it's not that memorable

Amagami SS
based on a dating game and boy does it show, but not really in a bad way i'm liking this one more that i though i would, it's not really up there with kanon or clannad as it hasn't got the depth but it does make up for that by being far more fun
the one jarring bit is that it's broken in to alternative stories each time with a different girl but the same guy, which is a little odd as in the first story you kinda invest yourself in the emotion of the relation ship so it's a bit wierd to see the same characters in the next story but with a completely different love story
however for me this feeling only lasted for about one episode and i'm really enjoying it again

mitsudomoe
teacher takes on a new class only to be confronted with a group of three sisters who break him
i'm almost reduced to tears of laughter with this one, cute funny and just a bit perverse

yuri story and some fighting = Black Rock Shooter it was fairly unsubstantial.

Been through all of Legend of the Legendary Heroes so far, though I've no idea why its utter tosh. Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin I've seen an episode of, ill try to get back into that. My guilty pleasure is Sengoku Basara though despite it being utterly UTTERLY stupid. Not a fan of this season I like a nice sprawling 2 season story with lots of decent characters, nothing that even slightly tickles my fancy there.

sekirei second season
only for those who watched the first season
it's an ok harem fighting show kinda funny reasonable fighting
and i do have a tsukiumi dakimakura

Seitokai Yakuindomo
school comedy set in an girls school just starting to take on male students, our hapless main character get press ganged into joining the student council
a lot of the humor comes from the girls being somewhat perverse and making bad jokes it's sort of the anti marimite
i do find it funny

highschool of the dead
tits and zombies
this one is strange a fan service heavy show mixed in with a george romero film... i'm not sure if i like it as i've only watched one episode... the gore and death kinda make the fanservice not really be fun... it's wierd
watching the opening gives an idea about the show..

Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin
more of the anime no chikara shows
this one is intresting a comedy horror about a man sent back in time for 2012 to 1999 to prevent the nostrodamus predictions of angel mois coming true well animated funny and worth watching

Nurarihyon no Mago
boy comming to terms with being part spirit and being the next in line to lead the clan
i'm enjoying this more than i though i would
partly to do with yuki-onna who i adore

strike witches 2
more strike witches... it's about young witches in an alternative history about the WWII period in which aliens invade and the the witches get special new brooms called striker onits that go over their legs and carry around huge guns and..... well just look at these

Asobi ni Iku Yo!
catgirl aliens come to earth...
this show is all about fan service... cool fights too and comedy
it's very very very silly... and i love if for that

there a good few OVA out but so far i've only seen the kurenai one and black rock shooter and frankly the kurenai one is only of interest to fans of the show and i'm not sure exatly how to explain anything about black rock shooter

i only watched about 5 min of cat shit one... it's a war movie where they are all cg animals... it's really strange... i didn't watch enough to properly comment as what i did see didn't appeal to me

and i've not seen the stich one at all

yuri story and some fighting = Black Rock Shooter it was fairly unsubstantial.

Been through all of Legend of the Legendary Heroes so far, though I've no idea why its utter tosh. Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin I've seen an episode of, ill try to get back into that. My guilty pleasure is Sengoku Basara though despite it being utterly UTTERLY stupid. Not a fan of this season I like a nice sprawling 2 season story with lots of decent characters, nothing that even slightly tickles my fancy there.

black rock shooter is an odd one as it's all about a series of songs and doujin artwork... this ova was just really a companion piece meant for fans

LLH (or DYD i suppose) is one of those onese where i grabed the first two episodes filked through a few secnes.... and never got round to watching

i meant to watch the first season of Sengoku Basara especially after watching the first episode with the motorbike horse buuut never got round to it

HSOTD...
this one is strange a fan service heavy show mixed in with a george romero film
You know, that's exactly how I described it. And why I liked it. :)

i should probably watch more soon i've been downloading it but not been in the mood to watch it

i was surprised how proper zombie movie like it felt

Makes for a good drinking game. One shot for each jiggle. You're a complete wreck by the end.

Bear in mind that since it's quite closely based on the manga, one of the early episodes is a complete retelling of "The story so far..."

Back
Top Bottom