Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Airplane luggage question

skyscraper101

0891 50 50 50
Can anyone advise..?

I want to transport my LG Soundbar and Subwoofer from the US to the UK. And while the sub can probably fit in checked luggage, the soundbar is too long to be transported in a case or on its own and too fragile that I woulsn't trust the handling won't damage it. Is this something I could carry with me and check in as a fragile object at the gate or is this down to airline policy?

And is there likely to be any additional fee for doing so (its not very heavy) but I would like to keep it on me if possible.

It looks like this.. anyone done anything similar?

LG-Home-Theater-Systems_NB3520A_gallery01.jpg

Is down to airline policy and a soundbar generally does not conform to hand baggage dimensions.

I have transported lots of electronics in the hold. If you wrap it up properly and reinforce the package it should be OK. Otherwise you are best calling the airline and asking for their assistance and advice.

Try to take it as hand luggage. They charge excess bagage on a scale of linear inches, so something long and thin it can get expensive. The maximum dimension for checked baggage will be on their website somewhere

One of my clients collects large paintings in person (like 3 Meters x 5 Meters) and takes them back as 'over sized luggage' for free with AirFrance. He may pay for business class, or something other than bargain seats, but they pack everything for him for free. He tells me they are very helpful and it works out much cheaper for him and he gets a bit of a holiday.

I'm doing it! flying in avianca from miami to Ecuador, already in the plane, take the soundbar as the "accesory" u can take with u, it fits easy in the compartments, good luck everybody!

Yeah exactly. What are the dimensions of the soundbar and who are you flying with? I would try and take the soundbar as hand luggage, and put the sub in hold luggage as long as it's packed well.

I'm doing it! flying in avianca from miami to Ecuador, already in the plane, take the soundbar as the "accesory" u can take with u, it fits easy in the compartments, good luck everybody!
how did you pack the sound bar? how long is the sound bar you're carrying, is the LG?

Back
Top Bottom