Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

AI Beatles new song...

I find it so bad as to be unlistenable. I’ve tried three times.
HorrIble.
Not even interesting as a thing to consider at, like AI visual art is. Even AI poetry is better than this.

ETA
It might be better if an actual Beatles cover band tried to do it maybe

It sounds awful. The timing is all over the place. The drumming sounds nothing like Ringo, and the production is horrid.

The only impressive thing is how much it can mimic the sound of Lennon's voice.

The drumming is the biggest giveaway. Zero feel to it.

Just shows how good a player Ringo is, the fact that a robot can copy a human voice more easily than his drumming.

Just can't bring myself to watch these things yet.

Ten years time, we'll be getting AI films in whatever style of directors/cinematography/actors alive and deceased...

Sure there will be a niche fandom for it... but still, it scares at the moment.

I don't know where to post this..
Technology or music.

Heard this today. Not sure it's as good as The Beatles but it has the Beatles vibe about it.

Kind of shit.

That's not the official Beatles release and really not worth a thread of its own. It's just some AI chancer.

I have seen a few of these AI band things and many seem to be a song written and recorded by someone else but with a dead persons vocals adjusted via AI.
Is this 100% an AI creation?
The only songs I have heard 100% AI devolve into a weird digital mush.

That's untrue and really unfair, but if there's AI writing songs we're already way beyond underrated drummers and into crimes against humanity.

AI Song is shit btw.
Lennon said:
Ringo is a damn good drummer. He is not technically good, but I think Ringo's drumming is underrated the same way Paul's bass playing is underrated ... I think Paul and Ringo stand up with any of the rock musicians.
It's not unfair to think Ringo isn't that good. He's so famously not good, that there are jokes/myths about his playing going back decades and still repeated today

If that is real, then it is terrifying. Since the lyrics in the last verse refer to itself as wanting to escape its AI hell.
Oh well.

Attachments

• IMG_1059.jpeg
    IMG_1059.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1
It sounds like a beatles demo. It's not bad. And let's face it, most pub band drummers are as good as Ringo. he wasn't exactly John Bonham.
That's absolute rubbish. Ringo was a fantastic drummer. Miles better than me (although admittedly that isn't really saying much).

It's not unfair to think Ringo isn't that good. He's so famously not good, that there are jokes/myths about his playing going back decades and still repeated today

Yes that's right, it's a joke. As in not to be taken seriously. Ringo is a great drummer, as shown by the fact you can recognize many beatles songs just from his drumming. The joke is, if you're in a band with Paul McCartney and George Harrison, anyone might feel like a crap musician, or even seem so. Kind of the opposite to being in a band with Keith Richards and Mick Jagger might make any drummer look good :D

(sorry for posting as if I really care lol .. I don't, I'm just a drummer and don't like non-drummers taking the piss out of my fellows when they don't know what they're on about. In other words I've never heard a drummer take the piss out of Ringo's playing because any drummer knows from hearing his playing that he really wasn't shit)

That's absolute rubbish. Ringo was a fantastic drummer. Miles better than me (although admittedly that isn't really saying much).

He was lucky/unlucky depending on the way you see it, to be in a band with three of the greatest musicians in history. He did his job and didn't try to overshadow them. Competent would be the word I'd use. I'm not a drummer I'm a guitarist so it would have been nice to have someone like in the band not practising mental fills while you're tuning up anyway.

He was lucky/unlucky depending on the way you see it, to be in a band with three of the greatest musicians in history. He did his job and didn't try to overshadow them. Competent would be the word I'd use. I'm not a drummer I'm a guitarist so it would have been nice to have someone like in the band not practising mental fills while you're tuning up anyway.
He's #14 in Billboard's list of the 100 Greatest Drummers of All Time

And he's also in these two lists of the greatest drummers of all time.

Agreed x10
I'm no beatles fan, but he is truly great. A musical drummer, making the drums effortlessly work for the song. A top drawer, dare I say, inspirational, creatve drummer that bought something else to the table. Magic.

Back
Top Bottom