Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

After work pint in Brixton?

blameless77

As someone who works mostly from home, I like to break up my day with an after-work pint in Brixton. Now that the Hootananny has managed to shed most of it's regulars, and the Albert is a shadow of it's former self, they're not that appealing...

I'm curious - where do other people go?

As someone who works mostly from home, I like to break up my day with an after-work pint in Brixton. Now that the Hootananny has managed to shed most of it's regulars, and the Albert is a shadow of it's former self, they're not that appealing...

I'm curious - where do other people go?

What part of Brixton?
What kind of vibe you looking for?

Places I drink
Effra Hall Tavern
Elm Park Tavern
The White Horse
The Hand in Hand
The Prince Regent
The Beehive
The Landor
The Marquis of Lorne

Places I prefer not to drink
Trinity Arms
Prince of Wales on Lyham Rd (screws from the nick drink there)
The Sultan

Brixton is pretty shit these days lets face it. I'm glad I jumped ship. Last time I was there was horrendous, unrecognisable. I think you've got your list about right there. It's a shame the Trinity went gastro pub but was always on the cards. Pleased to hear the Marquis is still going though, was my former local. Lovely people.

You've got the Railway just up the road in Tulse Hill which is still ok.

What part of Brixton?
What kind of vibe you looking for?

Places I drink
Effra Hall Tavern
Elm Park Tavern
The White Horse
The Hand in Hand
The Prince Regent
The Beehive
The Landor
The Marquis of Lorne

Places I prefer not to drink
Trinity Arms
Prince of Wales on Lyham Rd (screws from the nick drink there)
The Sultan

Story- you’re my kind of people

Brixton is pretty shit these days lets face it. I'm glad I jumped ship. Last time I was there was horrendous, unrecognisable. I think you've got your list about right there. It's a shame the Trinity went gastro pub but was always on the cards. Pleased to hear the Marquis is still going though, was my former local. Lovely people.

You've got the Railway just up the road in Tulse Hill which is still ok.

Yeah…. I stay out of Brixton Town at the weekends.

I’ll drink at The Effra Socail on a weekday but not at the weekend.

Further out I’ll go to the Cambria, and The Railway, The Old Dispensary and The Bear in Camberwell. Sometimes The Florence it reluctantly.

The Trinity Arms was good when it was an old bloke boozer with no music. Really good for a wind down pint after battling the rush hour or proper catch up chats when mates had come in to see a band at The Academy.

Back
Top Bottom