Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Advice re working whilst on maternity leave

Hellsbells

World's best procrastinator
Can anyone advise me on this please....

I'm due to give birth at the start of April and will be on maternity leave for approximately 9 months. In addition to my main job (based in the Isle of Man where I live), I also do work for 2 UK exam boards, marking exam papers online. I normally do this June/July time.
Would I theoretically still be able to do this while I'm on maternity leave?
Would my main job even know about the exam work if I took it on? I've been doing it the last 2 summers whilst doing my main job and it's never been an issue....

Just an idea but how about doing some online tutoring - lots of demand from Chinese students. You could do that from home and nobody would know about it (I assume). I don't know about the other things you're asking about.

Just an idea but how about doing some online tutoring - lots of demand from Chinese students. You could do that from home and nobody would know about it (I assume). I don't know about the other things you're asking about.
Examining is alot easier. I don't really want to be lesson planning and dealing with the stress of teaching people. Especially if there's a high possibility the baby may start screaming or needing attention half way through a lesson.

Fair enough. I don't think you have to plan the way you would for "normal" lessons since there's just one student and they usually seem to need speaking and correction.

Back
Top Bottom